The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org.
As with all digital positions, this role requires a deep understanding of website, social media, content, etc. to ensure an integrated approach to public engagement campaigns in support of the ICRC’s key contexts, issues, and priorities.
The Web Developer works closely with the Digital Developer based in New Delhi and the Project Manager based in Geneva, liaising with global Digital Officers. S/he is fluent across many web, social, and back-end technologies, able to solve problems and suggest the best implementation possibilities for the diverse network of sites and users supported by the ICRC’s headquarters Unit.
The Belgrade Shared Services Center is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position: Web Developer
- Acts as the technical advisor and helps development of innovative new platforms related to appropriate audiences
- Supports all website functionality and platform stability
- Acts as administrator for all ICRC-owned web tools, including Drupal CMS/WordPress, and hosted services as well as trains digital points of contact in the field on all this tool when required
- Provides input on visual identity of ICRC digital across channels, ensuring continuity across platforms
- In cooperation with the Geneva-based Project Manager and New Delhi Digital Developer, advises the Head of XMedia on enhancements and website launches, to propose the best solution for the business needs
- Is responsible for testing a website and ensures it is working correctly, as well as for advising Digital units on the digital trends in the region
- Understands Internet trends regarding design, content, development, etc. as well as monitors trends in tools, applications, channels, design and strategy
- Cultivates an understanding of the ICRC’s web and IT infrastructure and plays an active part in contributing to enhancements of our platforms at the regional/ global level
- Effectively uses the project management tools as well as the Agile, Waterfall, and similar project management methodologies
- Participates in and contributes to weekly/ quarterly/ biannual and ad-hoc reports, as well as participates to regular online meetings with the Digital counterparts in Geneva and Regional Communication Centers
- University degree in computer science, digital media production, software engineering, web design or similar along with minimum of six years’ experience in digital and a track record of successfully developing and implementing digital strategies and plans
- Full-stack web development experience, expertise in front-end development, with a wide range of technical skills on the following:
- Web page development and styling: HTML and CSS; LESS or SASS is an asset
- Knowledge of Bootstrap is an asset
- Server-side language: PHP
- Database: MySQL
- Content Management Systems: Drupal 7; Drupal 8 and WordPress is an asset
- Web Servers: Apache
- Knowledge of SOLR; Scrappy is an asset
- Web development best practices: SEO, UX, Accessibility
- Knowledge of graphic design tools: Photoshop; Illustrator is an asset
- Newsletter tools and CRMs: Mailchimp, Hubspot are assets
- Social tools APIs: Twitter API, Facebook API are assets
- Map APIs: Mapbox, CartoDB are assets
- Collaborative tools: Git, Mantis Bug tracker are assets
- Project management tools: Slack, Asana are assets
- Excellent knowledge of project management tools as well as the Agile, Waterfall, and similar project management methodologies
- Excellent communication skills as well as very good analytical and writing skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English, French or any other language knowledge is an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.