Are you an engineering major looking for an internship in Web3? Excited about blockchain, NFTs and all things decentralized technology? We are the core developers of the OriginTrail, a Web3 technology company driving the development of open source networks - the OriginTrail Decentralized Knowledge Graph and OriginTrail Parachain. Our mission is to organize humanity’s assets, making them discoverable, verifiable and valuable in Web3. Our partners include world class teams such as Parity, Acala, the British Standards Institution, DigitalOcean, Oracle and GS1 and together we proudly build tangible solutions in real world applying Web3 technologies. We are always on a lookout for people passionate about Web3 who are looking to grow. We see interns as junior team member candidates, and many of our former interns are today part of the Trace Labs team. If you think you fit that mindset, read on!
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
- Experience with programming languages
- Existing projects to showcase (student projects as well)
- Readiness to approach learning by doing
- High English language proficiency
Nice to have:
- Experience with any Web3 technologies (EVM, Substrate or others)
- Formal education (BSc, MSc) in computer science
- Your responsibilities would include:
- Contributing to open source software for the OriginTrail ecosystem
- Collaborating within and across various engineering teams
- Managing individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Learning and researching Web3 technologies on an ongoing basis
- Engaging in planning, development, and documentation activities in the context of an international scrum team
- A cutting-edge Web3 technology R&D environment in an international team
- Opportunity to build alongside core developers in the OriginTrail and Polkadot ecosystems
- Hands-on experience with implementing Web3 technologies in tangible applications across industries tracking physical and digital assets, such as NFTs, pharmaceuticals, spirits, food items, railway components and others
- Access to educational resources, events, and conferences
- A competitive compensation package (paid internship)
- Flexible working hours
About Trace Labs
We are the core developers of the OriginTrail Decentralized Knowledge Graph and builders of the Semantic Web3. OriginTrail is organizing billions of assets for Web3, enabling discovery and verification of anything, from physical to digital assets, NFTs, DeFi and more. Working with world-class partners, such as Parity, Acala, DigitalOcean, Oracle, British Standards Institution, Next Generation Internet initiative, and GS1 we drive technology deployment through investments and our own R&D, powering physical (real-world) assets, Metaverse, and the semantic Web3. All assets are connected in one Decentralized Knowledge Graph, generating enormous value based on the law of network effects - Metcalfe’s law.
What would your day at Trace Labs be like?
As part of the Trace Labs team, you will have the unique opportunity to research and utilize state of the art Web3 technology and build impactful solutions on a daily basis. Because technical novelty requires constant learning, over the years, we’ve become big fans of scrum, self-organizing teams, and evolving solutions from proof of concepts to complete production-ready systems. This usually involves working together with the research community and institutions from relevant industries.
That means we communicate and document our work in English and are big fans of standards, such as GS1 and W3C as well as engineering frameworks, such as using the NASA technology readiness level scale.
Applied learning is what we value the most, as this increases the knowledge of the whole organization. You will most likely be engaged in hands-on implementation projects with our partners and clients.