Join our team…
The Website Migration Specialist will be responsible for providing exemplary website migration troubleshooting, automation completion, and quality assurance to ensure customer satisfaction. This position will be expected to make sure websites are ready to be presented to our customers and to ensure customers are setup for success for the completion of their migration.
Your safety is our number one priority! Our office is in Belgrade but, for now, we have shifted to working from home.
What you'll get to do…
- Complete migration tickets submitted by the Website Migrations team, which may include advanced troubleshooting and diagnostic analysis, server configuration updates, and software installation.
- Contribute feedback regarding tools and processes to ensure the department is running efficiently and productively.
- Communicate order resolution to Website Migration team through ticket support and other communication channels.
- Perform quality assurance testing on the functionality of migrated sites.
- Install SSLs, configure firewalls, update DNS, and perform other tasks vital to complete site migrations.
Your background, experience and skills should include…
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent work experience preferred
- Experience with quality assurance and testing functions of websites
- Proficient in manipulating servers, including advanced knowledge of SSH and/or RDP
- Proven aptitude operating in LAMP stack and/or IIS server environments
- Understanding of server security “Best Practices” for the web hosting industry
- Demonstrated ability to follow documentation and a logical troubleshooting process
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to learn new ways of resolving complex problems while using various tools and resources to accomplish the overall goal
- Strong knowledge of GoDaddy’s migration as a service is preferred
- Strong knowledge of GoDaddy’s hosting platforms, from shared through virtual and dedicated, is preferred
- Experience with internal tools and bug reporting tools, future project improvement vehicles and incident management software including, but not limited to, the Atlassian suite and ServiceNow is preferred
- Advanced understanding of DNS records
- Ability to navigate third party email/DNS provider portals
- Ability to utilize Zoom to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues
- Ability to review and update firewall settings across multiple environments
- Knowledge of available backup systems to ensure data redundancy and protection
- Knowledge of SSL issuance and installation across all hosting platforms
- Understanding of current and deprecated PHP functions and their effects on customer websites
- Advanced understanding of server functions including BASH, RDC, SSH, MySQL/MSSQL, control panels, Apache, and NGINX
- Advanced understanding of all features and functions of both Windows and Linux VPS and dedicated environments
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress and common CMSs
- Knowledge of CDN and WAFs and their impact on performance
We’ve got your back…
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.