As a WordPress WooCommerce Developer, you'll head development on many of our growing e-commerce sites.
Interested? See "How to Apply" below to learn more before applying.
- Migrating to WooCommerce from various other platforms.
- Develop custom software licensing solutions for WooCommerce (among many others).
- Develop internal site APIs and features.
- Implement new sections, pages, promotions, pricing, A/B tests, etc.
- Work directly with team leads and designers to execute/test ideas and features.
- Expert in WooCommerce development.
- You have written/developed WooCommerce addons previously.
- You have strong experience with WooCommerce Subscriptions addon.
- Experience working with third-party APIs (eg PayPal, Stripe, Drip, Zapier, etc).
- Strong proficiency with HTML and CSS development.
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Work hours that have strong overlap with 9-5pm ET (+/- 2 hours).
- Experience with Easy Digital Downloads (including Recurring and Software Licensing addons).
- Experience with VueJS.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through from conception to completion. You’re comfortable being responsible for scoping, development, and testing.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You're a team player who is comfortable working alongside and helping other developers, and you don't take critical feedback personally.
- You're happy jumping between front-end and back-end development tasks, or tackling tasks which require both.
- You're happy working on tasks of all sizes - from small bug fixes and enhancements to large features/rewrites.
This is a remote position - our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours are 9am - 5pm ET (UTC -5). This position requires a strong overlap with these hours, plus or minus a few hours.
- Personal Computer with Internet Access
- Availability to participate in audio/video meetings between the hours 9 am - 5 pm EST.
What we offer
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Custom Branded laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter:
- Your experience with both WordPress and WooCommerce development. The more details you can provide the better!
- What is your favorite WordPress hook/function and why.
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you should be considered. Details about your experience, qualifications, personality, etc are very helpful.
- Profile links with code samples (GitHub, GitLab, WordPress.org, etc).
- Other profile links if available (Your website, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc).
Also note, don't forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out :)
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly. Qualified candidates will be asked to do a simple code challenge.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!