Joorney is a business plan writing company that focuses on specific-purpose business writing and financial forecasting, rather than on all-around, comprehensive consulting services. The overwhelming majority of the company’s services are provided to clients operating or aiming to operate in the North American market. JOORNEY DIGITAL is a sister company of Joorney LLC, specializing in a volume-oriented approach to servicing Website Development, SEO & SEM clients. You will join our team, consisting of about 45 people spread throughout offices in Belgrade, Novi Sad, and Niš.
We are looking to hire a skilled WordPress Developer to design and implement eye-catching and functional websites for our clients. You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including the implementation of WordPress themes and plugins, as well as site integration and security updates.
You should have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a good eye for aesthetics and UI, and strong content management skills. Ultimately, a top-class WordPress Developer can create attractive, user-friendly websites that perfectly meet the design and functionality specifications of the client, as well as achieving a quick turnaround for pre-templated WordPress themes.
JOORNEY is now searching for a WP Developer in Belgrade, Novi Sad or Niš.
What you will do:
- Communicating with marketing and digital teams to discuss website design and function internally and externally.
- Designing and building the website front-end.
- Creating website architecture.
- Designing and managing the website back-end, including database and server integration.
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website.
What you should bring:
- Fluent English communication skills
- Proven work experience as a WordPress Developer (include portfolio links)
- Knowledge of custom theme development (would be considered as a plus)
- Knowledge of code versioning tools, including Git, Mercurial, and SVN
- Experience in working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug
- Good understanding of website architecture and UI
- Being able to come up with creative solutions in case of custom requirements
- Understanding of best SEO practices
What will you get:
- Optional remote work during pandemic
- Competitive compensation package
- Private Health Insurance as an added benefit after 6 months
- Flexible work hours [beginning of each work day at any time between 12h and 14h]
- Timely and organized performance reviews
If you are interested in the above-mentioned position and your profile fits the stated requirements, please send us your CV in English.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.