Upstack is growing fast - jump on board
Upstack is working on interesting and challenging engagements with awesome startups. We only select the best engineers to join the team and take pride in the company culture we maintain.
C#/.Net Software Engineer
Upstack is a friendly team of the world’s most talented freelance developers, working remotely for some of the coolest start-ups. It’s fun and challenging to join the top 1% of the world’s developers. We have a strong focus on quality clients and developers and try to work on software that we love! Upstack is officially based in New York City and we have offices in NYC and LA. We also have development hubs opening up all around the place with our first in Brasov, Romania. Our developers work from home and co-working spaces and sometimes even on the beach!
- You will be responsible for backend development within the team, including creating REST-based web services, implementing background calculation jobs, updating core platform components, modelling data and optimizing database performance.
- Work with a small team of top-tier developers who are designing great user experiences and building truly great applications for web
- Participate in scrums consisting of cross-functional teams, both software and hardware
- Ensure that features are being delivered efficiently and on-time
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code on time and with high quality
- Collaborate with other programmers and team members to design and implement features
- Review and debug existing source code
- Work independently when required
- Continuously learn and improve skills Qualifications/Skills
- Computer Science degree or equivalent, with strong CS and development fundamentals, including OOP and SOLID principles
- 5+ years backend development experience, including C#, Web Services, Web API
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and web service standards (REST, SOAP and WCF)
- Experience building RESTful web services using Web API
- Proficiency with C# and the .NET platform
- Proficiency with C++ and STL
- Experience with software design patterns
- Experience with SQL and relational database systems: PostgreSQL, MS SQL
- Experience with unit testing frameworks: MS Test, NUnit
- Experience with source control systems: SVN, Git
- Debugging and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes
- Possess excellent communication skills with an emphasis on verbal and written communication
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to work productively in a team or independently
- Experience working with complicated JSON structures and converting from one schema into another.
- Knowledge of discounting math, IR models is a plus. (in case we need help to build any Monte Carlo models).
- Knowledge of Excel VBA is a plus.
- Awesome Clients
No corporate BS. Help some interesting startups disrupt the world!
- Team Building
Enjoy team meetups in cool places around the world. Hackathons included!
- Timely Payment
At Upstack, you’ll always receive your money on time with no hassle.
Work hard, play hard
Not only do Upstack engineers get to work with amazing startups all over the world - they get to join a great community of like-minded individuals. We host global meetups and Hackathons annually where you can meet fellow developers like yourself.