Emerson Croft is seeking an iOS Developer to build AI-enabled technologies at a stealth-mode startup.
At this company, you’ll get the best of both worlds: shape a pre-launch app using state-of-the-art tools, at an organization with expertise and confirmed product-market fit. The app is designed to replace unwieldy communication stacks among corporate teams, with a long-term goal of providing the same convenience to the healthcare space.
The team uses the latest tools — React, ES6/7, Gitlab, Docker, Ansible, and Meteor are just a few examples. You’ll also need to be comfortable with Agile development processes. Be prepared to take personal responsibility for projects, and guide them through fast development cycles and rapidly evolving requirements.
You will work remotely, decide your own hours, and find self-fulfillment through results-focused work. Team members spend only 2−3% of their week in meetings — you’ll spend most of your time researching, documenting, coding, and building.
All that and no commute, either. Ever wondered what you could accomplish with two more hours in your day? We’re excited to find out. Apply today.
- Develop interactive web-based and desktop GUI applications
- Support and develop existing codebase
- Develop and integrate server-side APIs
- Write automated tests to ensure high-quality work
- Manage versions of core libraries with associated documentation
- Perform code reviews
- 1y+ of experience as iOS developer, or proven exceptional qualitiesBackground with Swift/Objective-C
- Solid knowledge of UIKit
- Understanding of programmatic interface setup (ability to create GUIs without storyboards)
- Experience with backend development (Node.js, Python, Rails, PHP)
- Knowledge of CoreData
- Knowledge of relational data storages (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Understanding and knowledge of software architecture, design patterns, and OOP
- Experience in Agile development/teamwork
- Expertise in Git, Bash (or alternatives)
- Experience with TDD mentality
- Owns MacOS computer and iPhone
- Passion for building great software
- Capacity to handle high-pressure situations
- Ability to understand complex systems
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of SwiftUI
- Experience in developing a multi-platform app
- Experience in developing/maintaining a live app
- Experience with
- Background in designing complex distributed systems
- Knowledge of data storages (MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Druid)
- Knowledge of in memory cache/storage/queue systems (Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Expertise in designing complex algorithms
- Expertise in Azure/AWS/Docker
- Understanding of machine learning/deep learning basics
- Understanding of micro services software architecture concepts
- Understanding of performance optimization and basic software security
- Own an iPad