Are you interested in building innovative technology that crafts the financial markets? If you like working at the speed of a startup, but want to seek some of the world’s most sophisticated problems and you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance, then BlackRock is the right place for you.
At BlackRock, we are looking for a QA Engineer who loves to innovate and seeks sophisticated problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will adopt your outstanding skills, curiosity, and passion, while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
With over USD $7 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
Being a technologist at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the top financial companies and being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions.
The Engineering group you will join coordinates eFront Invest. eFront, a part of BlackRock, is a leading software provider of end-to-end solutions dedicated to the Alternative Investments industry.
Fully integrated into our Aladdin eFront Engineering Team in Belgrade, you will be exposed to both the technical and functional layers of our most innovative products, while acquiring a unique skillset in the fast-growing Private Equity industry, and Alternative Investments in general. You will be a part of international and agile environment, with a strong drive for technical innovation.
As a QA Engineer, your primary role will consist of refining and validating new features as they are implemented, as well as deep testing the product with a strong focus on improving the processes and reinventing ways to be more efficient.
- Curious and eager to learn new things, with a healthy disrespect for the status quo
- Willing to embrace work outside of your comfort zone, and open to mentorship from others; you make mistakes, but learn from them
- Passionate about technology, with personal ownership for the work you do
- Data-focused, with an eye for the details that matter to seek the problem
Ideal candidate is a QA Engineer with the passion for getting to the core of possible issues, able to understand a complex system from inside out. Knowledge of using tools for testing is a big plus, but not a deal breaker.
What will you be doing?
- Analysis of the product, assessing the risk and the requirements of the User stories implemented and testing the features
- Depending of the skills and interests, writing/executing/maintaining automated tests on UI and API level
- Participating in the continuous development of the QA standard practices and procedures and the Scrum team activities
Technologies and Concepts involved:
- Azure DevOps
- Agile Practices (Scrum)
- API automated testing using Postman, Visual Studio, BloomRPC
- Performance and Load Testing using Jmeter
What are we looking for?
- University Bachelor or Master’s degree (School of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Organizational Sciences, Faculty of
- Mathematics or Economy) or relevant work experience
- Experience in Software Testing
- Understanding of complete product lifecycle and QA processes
- Experience in API testing
- Experience with some of the following tools: Postman, Visual Studio, JMeter is a plus
- Knowledge of .Net, C#, SQL is a plus
- Knowledge of finance and private market asset classes is a plus
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.