Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
At Kraken we provide people with the means to explore the world of cryptocurrency trading. We are passionate about delivering the best possible user experience possible while maintaining our impeccable track record of security. If you too enjoy bringing excellence to the table then we have a place for you at Kraken.
About the role:
We are looking for a highly experienced developer that will help us deliver a quality banking platform and experience to our clients. This will involve testing APIs, services, and databases deployed to Kubernetes on local and remote clusters. As a Banking SDET you will be writing behavioural integration tests to ensure features meet acceptance criteria, but you’ll also be responsible for breaking things. At Kraken we have a strong focus on security and failing safely and you will be critical to helping us ensure the safety and security of our clients funds. Your critical thinking and engagement will help us shape the future of our bank!
- Deliver automated test cases in our Python Cucumber framework from feature stories and bug reports
- Create highly reusable test steps that can be easily used by others to write test cases
- Test failure scenarios, simulating databases, caches, or other services going down and ensure we fail safely and securely
- Advocate for quality in all aspects of our product
- Write tickets and reports bugs, then work directly with the engineering team to get them prioritised and fixed
- Some limited manual testing to better understand new features and user journeys end-to-end
- Review MRs, provide feedback, and engage in architectural discussions with your peers
- Collaborate with other automation engineers across the Kraken family of products to cross-train and create a uniform look and feel to our testing infrastructure.
- Passionate about the Kraken mission of accelerating the adoption of cryptocurrency so that the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion.
- Experienced in Python or Rust
- Experienced in API testing
- Experienced in BDD approach (Behave)
- Experienced with the Atlassian family of products (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience using Git
- Direct QA Experience in either equities, banking or cryptocurrency exchanges is a big plus
- Experienced in Docker / K8s tools is a plus
- 5 years QA automation experience or equivalent industry experience
Location Tagging: #US #EU #LI-Remote #LI-MB1
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us
Watch "Top 10 Qualities of Kraken - How to Grow a Decacorn Remixed""
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
Deadline for applications: 14.11.2021.