About the role:
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is motivated by tough problems that need solving;
- Is willing to work on self-improvement;
- Is able to work with clients directly independently;
- Can accept (and give) constructive feedback.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code;
- Integration of data storage solutions;
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic;
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems;
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization.
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec;
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances;
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming;
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Haml;
- Such as understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors such as Sass;
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful;
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code;
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system;
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application;
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes;
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools;
- Familiarity with development aiding tools;
- Familiarity with continuous integration.