PLANet Systems Group™ is a growing family of experienced programmers and customer support professionals operating from Novi Sad, Serbia. We focus on two core markets: custom development and implementation of our web-based applications and support for scholarly societies and journals in their peer review and production processes.
For our office in Novi Sad, Serbia, we are looking for a .NET Software Developer, Client Services.
The Software Developer, Client Services is a self-directed creative problem-solver with programming know-how and a strong client service orientation. Embedded with our Client Services team in Serbia and reporting to a US-based technical lead, the Software Developer, Client Services optimizes the experience of clients by proactively identifying problems and testing and developing bug fixes within a publishing platform.
- Experienced with Microsoft web technologies; proficient using ASP.NET, C#, the .NET Framework, and MS SQL Server
- Understanding and coding to meet requirements in an Object-Oriented manner
- Proficient in the use of Git
- Code, test, and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology
- Test and develop bug fixes
- Problem-solve and think laterally as part of the Client Services team while also working closely with a development home team located in the U.S.; facilitate knowledge transfer and cross-collaboration between the CS and a development Scrum team
- Adopt and embrace agile practices
- Adhere to coding standards defined by technical management
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of information being processed, stored, or accessed
- Understand expectations that were set with clients and recognize when issues/events may affect delivery
- Perform additional tasks as needed to meet the needs of the team and department.
Required Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Self-starter and problem-solver
- Curious and engaged
- Collegial and team-oriented
- A quick study who can learn and effectively apply new technologies and concepts
- The initiative to excel in a high-performance work culture
- Blend of a good Client Services person and a .NET developer
- Understand standard systems development lifecycle processes
We are offering:
- Fulltime employment (with three months probation period) in our office in Novi Sad, with the option of working from home during the coronavirus pandemic
- Challenging tasks in a highly professional environment
- Working in a compact, excellently skilled team
- Competitive salary and conditions corresponding to high demands of the position