Introducing Arcadis Gen
Are you interested in joining a start up with bold global ambitions, that already has the backing of, a €3+ billion revenue, 27000+ person organisation operating in over 70 countries, that has deep market sector insights in collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services?
We are creating a new entity focused upon accelerating the investment and development of digital solutions which support the asset lifecycle and will position Arcadis as a digital front runner in the fields of digitized asset management, cities and mobility. Our focus is upon accelerating our ability to bring highly scalable digital propositions quickly and seamlessly to both existing and new Arcadis clients across the globe.
We have a clear vision that will enable us to rapidly scale our existing digital capabilities and innovate based on the identified underserved demand in the market, by creating industry leading products, platforms and solutions. Our strategy to become more digitally focused has already seen the acquisition of two digital asset management companies to build on our existing digital capabilities from the Arcadis technology division, all of which will form the foundations of this new digital entity.
About the Analytics Team:
The Analytics team in Arcadis Gen operates across sectors, working with asset based data to deliver projects, producing optimised long term strategic investment plans for clients that improve management of their assets, as well as creating digital products and solutions using Gen’s bespoke data-driven decision making analytics software along with other industry tools.
The Senior Consultant will work in collaboration with the analytics team in India and the UK to deliver advanced analytics projects, and play a key role in creating data-driven, digital products and solutions that generate profitability in the market.
They will help in identifying where and how the client business can be enhanced by using predictive, prescriptive, and other sophisticated data manipulation techniques, and effectively create innovative offerings across existing sectors and beyond.
- Deliver specific analytics solutions ensuring assigned projects are delivered on time, to high quality and in accordance with project scope.
- Work as part of a ‘virtual team’ through the project comprising of other colleagues in Arcadis and Arcadis Gen across the world, ensuring that the scope elements within the given remit are delivered to the expected standard.
- Identify opportunities to transfer best practice from one sector to another, and opportunities to bring in best practice approaches applied outside Gen/Arcadis to ensure delivered solutions always represent the best approach.
- Manage outputs and quality throughout delivery of a project ensuring all work packages align to the project scope.
- In association with the Analysts undertake the analytical activities associated in delivering projects including:
- Collecting, assessing, and transforming client data as required to support the project including ensuring data is validated for completeness and analysed for ‘cleanliness’.
- Derive predictive models using appropriate statistical techniques.
- Design and populate models within Gen’s prescriptive analytics software (Enterprise Decision Analytics [EDA]), execute and report on investment scenario analyses, including investment triggers, advanced prioritisation and optimisation.
- Configure Gen’s EDA software and any third-party solutions required to generate optimised investment plans or other advanced analytics solutions.
- Production of client reports, technical notes & model documentation.
- Peer review of reports produced by colleagues.
- Ensure the products and services delivered fully meets client expectations and delivers value in terms of realisation of business benefits.
- Ensure all project management process & quality requirements are followed.
- Monitor, manage and resolve project risks and issues and escalate serious project risks to the line manager.
Key Relationships, Collaborations and Connections
- This role will report to the Head of Analytics at Arcadis Gen
- It will collaborate closely with:
- Consultants that run and own projects and who specialise in specific sectors.
- Specialists who are experts in the delivery of certain types of analytics/ data science or in the application of specific analytics tools across any sector
- Analysts that undertake the analytical and modelling tasks required of the projects supporting the work of both the Consultants and the Specialists.
Key relationships will include:
- Colleagues across the world
- Colleagues within the Analytics Team i.e. other analysts, analytics specialists, and consultants.
- The Product Development team who are responsible for the heavy lifting and backend work done on Gen products.
What We Are Looking For
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organisational skills.
- Educated to degree level as a minimum in a Data Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or other financial/numeric field (Most of the team members are educated to MSc level or equivalent).
- Significant experience of delivery of analytical projects in a consultancy environment.
- An effective communicator who is credible, confident, and articulate.
- Able to communicate complex technical detail to non-technical audiences.
- Exceptional skills in data collection and interpretation.
- Predictive and / or prescriptive analytics.
- Understanding of investment models, assets, and systems of assets, understanding of Optimisation (linear & non-linear), Prioritisation and Monte Carlo analysis.
- Specialism in at least one specific area of Data Science/ Analytics. Track record of presenting papers etc. in this area is desirable.
- Extensive use of MS Access or SQL to collate data and perform complex queries
- Extensive use of MS Excel, R, Python, Matlab, SAS, SPSS or similar or other statistical packages to process data and carry out advanced analytics techniques.
- Experience in advanced data visualisation techniques along with tools such as Qlik, Power BI etc.
- Sensitivity and scenario analysis of analytical models.
- Mathematical and statistical analysis and modelling skills.
- Proven ability in presenting methodologies and results to all levels in a business environment.
- Understanding and creating end user outputs for different types of engagements (e.g. investment scenarios from prescriptive models) and visualisations including GIS and other.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications
- Experience of building robust, user friendly apps using R Shiny
- Exposure to UI/UX design for applications.
- Experience with collaboration tools including Azure DevOps and GitLab.
- Experience of working with environments for product onboarding, packaging, dockerisation.
- Exposure of agile methodology: SCRUM.
- Exposure of using project collaboration tools such as Atlassian Confluence & JIRA
Equal Opportunity Statement
The community of the future is a place for everyone, and Arcadis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment is based on merit and business need.