This is an exciting and challenging role on the Ockam Team. Ockam is building open source, end-to-end encrypted and mutually authenticated communication protocols and libraries that can work in resource constrained, intermittent connectivity IoT devices and connected machines. We're using Rust to build the core cryptographic capabilities of Ockam and expect this Rust core to be used by wrappers in C, Elixir, Python and many other languages. We also expect that because of the nature of the embedded ecosystem (existing libraries, proprietary tools etc.) our Rust code will have a strong relationship with C. You will be responsible for building core components and generalized interfaces in the Ockam Rust Library. Modularity, loose coupling and developer-friendly APIs are important design goals for our libraries and in this role you will lead that effort. You will also get to work with some of the most popular open source communities in the edge and IoT ecosystems. Cryptographic protocols are utilized throughout the Ockam stack, so whether this is an area of experience or experimentation in your past, you will be challenged. Ockam is a small and extremely senior team. This role involves architecture, interface design, writing code and, responsibility for testing and documentation. Everyone on the Ockam team takes responsibility for their parts from end-to-end, including the creation of long term objectives, issues in GitHub, task management, and summaries of key results.
- Architecture and API design in the Rust language
- Git and GitHub's workflow.
- Modern CI/CD pipelines and DevOps.
- Building complex code bases
- Individual and collaborative project management leadership
- 10+ years of engineering experience
- Building with Docker and Kubernetes
- Provisioning and operating large-scale cloud services in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Consuming and contributing to open source codebases
- The basics of cryptography and PKI
- Comfort switching between multiple programming languages
- This is an architect role (Level 6 or 7) at Ockam.
- For more information about Role Levels at Ockam, [click here for our guide].
- Ockam is a distributed, remote-first team with a headquarters in San Francisco California.
Deadline for applications: 27.10.2021.