Fully coordinated to our Engineering Team, exposed to both the technical and functional layers of our products, while acquiring an outstanding skillset in the fast-growing Private Equity industry and the broader Alternative Investments landscape. You will be a part of a global and agile environment, with a strong drive for technical innovation!
eFront, a part of BlackRock, is a leading software provider of end-to-end solutions dedicated to the Alternative Investments industry. eFront is seeking to grow and expand its software engineering team by hiring Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer who can handle both Functional testing and testing automation tasks. Her/His role is to help with the growth of our leading solution on Private Markets market: eFront Invest.
You have a good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and QA processes in an Agile organization. As a QA Engineer your primary role consists then in refining and validating new features as they are implemented as well as deep testing the product with a strong focus on improving the processes. You will have the opportunity to own key aspects of our Testing strategy including Test Automation efforts. You will focus on creating a culture of quality by functionally validating the developments and design the automation strategy. You will collaborate with our development, business stakeholders and other QA team members in building and executing comprehensive suites of test plans and cases.
- Curious and eager to learn new things, with a healthy disrespect for the status quo
- Willing to embrace work outside of your comfort zone, and open to mentorship from others; you make mistakes, but learn from them
- Passionate about technology, with personal ownership for the work you do
- Data-focused, with an eye for the details that matter to seek the problem
Ideal candidate is a Tester with the passion for getting to the core of possible issues, able to understand a complex system from inside out. Knowledge of using tools for testing and automation is a phenomenal plus, but not a deal breaker.
- Experience in Software Testing.
- Understanding of business requirements and translation of business requirements into test cases
- Writing features files, writing Test Cases & Test Plans
- Create/Update/Maintain/Execute test cases
- Test reporting and issue management
- Testing of web applications and web server
- Experience in testing Web Services is a plus
- Experience in crafting, executing, and maintaining automated tests
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
Technologies and Concepts involved:
- Good understanding of product development Agile lifecycle and QA processes organization
- Experience with writing SQL, Transact SQL, PL/SQL
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins, Maven, Azure DevOps)
- Experience with BDD development and testing (Specflow, Selenium)
- Exposure to Financial industry is a plus
- Familiarity with swagger, and various reporting tools
- Exposure to containerized deployment (e.g. Docker) is a plus
- Experience with Java Script, JSON, jMeter is a plus
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor or Master’ degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Organizational Sciences or related software engineering background
- Experience with automated API and UI testing
- Strong communication, time management, organization, attention to detail
- Curiosity and seek to learn and build innovative solutions
- Interest in the functional part of the product, any knowledge about Finance industry will be highly appreciated
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.