As a global digital transformation company, MERA, a member of Orion Innovation Group values creating a productive, diverse work environment for employees. We are committed to maintaining a positive work environment where employees value traits that make each one of us different from one another. We all bring a diverse set of perspectives, work and life experiences, and our differences make us more valuable both internally and for our clients.
With our constant expansion and growth, we are currently looking for experienced and detail-oriented engineer to join our team in our MERA office in Serbia, Belgrade as Back End JAVA Engineer.
About the role:
The position is a backend team member in the OVOC (one voice operation center) network management application.
The product is responsible to provide network management and calls information collection and analysis for clients and 3rd party systems.
Java 8 is used for back end with a transition to Java 11 on Centos OS in future.
- Developing new features, maintaining existing features, providing bug fixes, an unit testing
- Responsibility for all backend parts of the feature – REST API, business logic, and communication with the database or other modules as necessary.
Tools and technologies used as part of product development:
- Oracle as RDBMS
- Cassandra as no SQL DB
- Jersey as an internal REST server
- Apache as an external web server
- Kafka message queue
- Git / Gerrit for source control and code review
- Jira for project lifecycle management
The product uses multiple communication protocols including HTTP/s, web sockets, SNMP, proprietary protocols over TCP/TLS, SIP, IPv4/v6, and others.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or a related field – mandatory
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in English
What we offer:
- Employee benefits: fit pass with access to over 600 sport facilities, referral bonus
- Professional growth
- International team of great people
- Competitive salary
- Office Happy Hours
- Quarterly and annual company outings