Kriptomat, the most user-friendly government-regulated European cryptocurrency exchange is looking for a new colleague to join us in the role of Backend Developer (remote role based in Europe)
Would you like to be a part of the team developing web applications from scratch for up to 1 million users & more?
Then, please read on!
Who are we?
Kriptomat is a fintech company headquartered in Tallinn, Estonia. Ever since we got founded in February 2018, we have been growing and providing an unparalleled service to our clients. We are working tirelessly to ensure everyday people can purchase, store, send, and receive cryptocurrencies effortlessly. This movement has just begun, and we look forward to providing our crypto community with outstanding solutions for many years to come.
What is this role about?
You will be on a mission to develop and maintain functional and stable web applications to meet our company’s needs. You will work closely with our engineers to ensure system consistency and improve our user experience by being responsible for the server side of our web applications.
In this role you will:
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Perform tests to optimize performance
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Provide training and support to internal teams
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features
- Follow emerging technologies
We are looking for someone who:
- Has at least 5 years of experience as a backend developer in any of the programming languages (there has to be at least 1 year of experience in Ruby and NodeJS)
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Knowledge of the Agile/Scrum development process
- Linux OS and its dev. libraries and tools
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude, responsible
Ideal, but not a must:
- Experience in working on a microservice type software, as opposed to monolithic enterprise software
- Bonus if you know SQL and NoSQL, Kafka , RabbitMQ and Designing microservice based software architecture
- Previous experience in a successful start-up company
- Previous experience in fintech industry
- Previous experience as a Senior Backend Developer or Team Lead
While this is the experience/qualifications we would love our Backend Developer to have, we are also open to consider applications of those who do not fully meet the listed criteria. If this role interests and excites you, but you don't have all the experience/qualifications listed above - please apply and tell us about that in your cover letter.
What do we offer?
- Work with a highly collaborative, innovative, diverse, and bold team, passionate about crypto and committed to continuous learning and personal/professional development
- Enjoy remote work with all the necessary equipment for maximum comfort and performance
- Access anything you need for your continuous professional development – from training courses and reference books to a personally organized growth plan
- Be an owner of your flexible working hours and results
- Have fun at team building activities and workshops
We review applications continuously, so please apply as soon as possible!