We are looking for a Java Back-End Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or Electrical Engineering.
- 2+ years experience in writing enterprise level applications.
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object oriented design, data structures, algorithm - design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Strong understanding of application architecture and object-oriented design.
- Passion for problem solving
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems.
- Dependency Injection / IoC frameworks, such as Spring.
- JavaEE web container knowledge, such as Tomcat.
- JDBC, JPA and Hibernate.
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
- Testing frameworks; junit, testng or cucumber… (and testing practices: TDD, BDD).
- Familiar with build systems such as Maven, Ant or Gradle.
- Experience of automated, continuous deployment systems, such as Jenkins or GoCD.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Good Communication Skills
- Team Player
- A passion for continuous learning and understanding.
What we Expect from you?
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions.
- Drive test-driven development, including refactoring.
What you'll get?
- Join the core team and work towards a lead position
- Work remotely or in our great office in Niš
- Competitive salary and benefits