We are looking for a passionate and sharp Backend Developer to be a part of one of our cross-functional product development teams to help us shape the future of the time tracking industry and deliver real value to our customers with both new and improved features.
Gross annual compensation range for the role is €63,000-€70,000 based on experience and we are committed to increasing salaries every year based on company and individual performance. In addition to that, we also have awesome benefits, which you can check out below.
You can work from anywhere in the world.
As a Backend Developer, you will be taking ownership of one or more domains of our product and will work closely with other developers and product designers in lean ways using cutting-edge technologies powering highly-available RESTful services and back-end systems.
The main technologies you will be working with are Go, PostgreSQL, REST, JSON and Google Cloud Infrastructure.
Even though you can work whenever you want on your tasks, our team meetings can happen between 11:00 to 15:00 UTC. You need to be willing and available to attend these meetings when they happen.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- developing and maintaining backend services such as api’s, reports, payments, and operations tools that manage our product worldwide
- working with product managers and designers day to day to bring more value to Toggl’s users, covering customer-facing web and native applications and public APIs
- completing small to medium features independently and in collaboration with frontend developers
- resolving most technical issues autonomously and designing well-organized code
- driving assigned requests to improve the codebase, such as migrating it to modern frameworks and adding missing tests
About the Team
We are a global team of 100+ awesome people working from over 40 countries around the globe. We hire globally, you work locally—in the heart of London, a beach outside of São Paulo, or a quiet village near Florence, the choice is yours. Every few months we travel to meet up somewhere in the world and spend some quality time together. We place a huge amount of trust in our people, and we measure the outcomes rather than the work itself. Our values fuel our results.
We would love to hear from you if you are passionate about technology and you are experienced with or willing to learn programming in Go.
In particular, we are looking for:
- Strong backend engineering experience in any language
- Passion for cross-discipline collaboration and problem-solving
- Eagerness to learn new skills, and take ownership of your work
Bonus points for:
- Experience with our main technologies: Go, PostgreSQL, REST, JSON and/or Google Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience with system architecture, particularly at scale
- Experience with Ruby, Elixir, noSQL databases
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered)
- 4-6 weeks paid sabbatical (depending on the tenure of the employee)
- Laptop and a €2,000 budget to set up your home office
- Reimbursement for co-working space membership or internet service at home
- €4,000 contribution for training, workshops, and conferences
- Health (physical and mental) budget of 2,000€ per year
- Support for buying tools you need for doing your best work (even eyeglasses if you need a new pair)
Davno i davno, u Estoniji ranih 2000-ih, osnovana je kompanija.
Kako su se širili njihovi klijenti i projekti, tako su se širile i njihove liste obaveza. Stalno su pitali: „Šta da planiramo za ovaj projekat?“ I „Koliko smo vremena proveli radeći na tome ponovo?“ Tako su stvorili alat za praćenje vremena. Ako bi klijenti želeli više uvida u to gde je potrošeno vreme, dali bi im vremenski izveštaj. Klijenti su VOLELI ove izveštaje. Počeli su da pitaju: "Hej... možemo li i mi koristiti tajmere?" I rođen je Toggl Track.