Highlights of the role:
Location: This position welcomes all applicants from Serbia into a remote working model (you can come into the office or not, it's up to you)
Team: We are small enough so that you get to know everyone and we are growing every day.
The product: You will be working on our modern Workforce Management product and you will be an integral part of seeing it grow into something even more special than it is today. You'll be working on a product that's used by 400+ of the world's most forward-thinking support teams. Our customers include brands like Upwork, Rockstar Games, and Spotify.
Interview process: 3-4 hours, including interviews and practical assessment where you will meet the people you will be working with and get a feel for our company's culture. It's important for both of us to make sure we are making the right decision!
Reports to: Stefan Ljubinkovic, Associate Engineering Manager. Stefan is very passionate about building high-quality software solutions. He fosters our company culture by inspiring his team to grow and emphasizing open and transparent communication.
Your mission at Tymeshift:
- Develop, improve and help us build the best WFM solution completely integrated with Zendesk. You will be in charge of optimizing our application to make sure high reliability is being provided.
How we'll measure success
- In addition to your obvious technical expertise, you will provide support to the Backend team. You will help the team in building new features, bug fixing, and writing tests in order to build a product that affects the working lives of thousands of customers around the world.
- Develop new features and re-write old features using PHP
- Maintain and improve existing features.
- Conduct thorough code reviews
- Work with the team and squad to improve code standards and create a more enjoyable development experience
- Prioritise and align roadmap and backlog priorities with the squad and team
- Help the team reach the target KPI's and the planned initiatives in due time
What we're looking for
- No degree needed, soft skills* are the degree you need
- 4+ years of experience in a Backend Developer role
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with Database querying and administration (MySQL)
- Experience with GCP SDK
- Experience with API Design
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP), other popular software design methodologies would be plus (AOP)
- Strong understanding of popular Software Design Patterns (MVC, DDD)
- Not an asshole
- Lead by example
- Natural People Management skills
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communicator (listening and speaking)
- Bias to action (knows how to get things done and create a plan)
- EQ - Would you google it?
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
- A meaningful stock option plan and competitive benefits
- Premium private health insurance plan
- Our people get unlimited vacation
- Flexible working hours
- Your own learning budget that we encourage you to use for your PDP
- Fitness and wellness programs
- Lunch at the office
Ready to join us? Tymeshift is on a mission to make workforce management effortless and let teams focus on getting the real work done.
Take a look at our Mission, Vision, Values to get to know more about the company culture we strive for.
INCLUSIVE & LOVING IT!
We’re 100% inclusive, and that’s incredibly important to us. With everything we do, our team is supportive and accepting of everyone in every interaction we have. We embrace each other’s unique qualities, and yours as well if you work here. It’s our policy to hire awesome people, and we don’t discriminate based on any legally and non-legally protected statuses (like religion, race, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, etc.). Actually, we even encourage it.