The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
The ICRC has launched an ambitious program to improve the effectiveness with which it leverages data and information throughout its activities. Key strategies of this program involve upgrades to ICRC’s information management capabilities including Master Data Management, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
To help us implement these ambitious upgrades into our existing information landscape and deliver the benefits of these upgrades to our diverse audience of information consumers, we are looking for a Business Analyst with experience in analyzing business requirements on data-related projects, which bridges the gap between IT and the business by assessing processes, determining and documenting requirements as a basis for information delivery or data transformation projects.
The Belgrade Shared Services Center is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
- Analyses and suggests improvements of business and data management processes to improve process efficiency and/or to implement strategic objectives
- Develops and maintains business process documentation as well as best practice approaches for business process improvements and assists in making business decisions relating to systems implementations, modifications, maintenance, etc.
- Coordinates with cross-functional teams to analyze, collect and document business and/or data and reporting requirements
- Assists departments/divisions in formulating information needs in their functional area of expertise and ensures that the specifications for the development of the related Data marts and dashboards are captured in sufficient detail and quality
- Acts as Proxy Product Owner in the agile development and prioritizes development of the backlog items across different functional areas
- Ensures that information needs across stakeholders are supported as transactional systems evolve and the Master Data Management strategy is implemented
- Assists in developing and applying data quality monitoring tools (including related dashboards), contributes to driving ICRC’s data quality efforts and supports identification of shared indicators across the services and contributes to the development of the Institutional Data Warehouse
- Master’s degree in computer sciences, software engineering, information technologyor equivalent along with successful track record of minimum 3 years performing business analysis related to Business Intelligence and/or Data Warehousing projects and developing reports and/or dashboards via industry standard Business Intelligence tools
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (preferably Tableau), SQL, relational databases and ETL software
- Business analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) certification, (e.g. CCBA, CBAP) desirable
- Good understanding of the various strategies employed in Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse environments and of the challenges involved in large scale implementations
- Strong analytical skills
- Good understanding of effective and creative ways of delivering information to consumers along with strong communication skills
- Capacity to understand, translate and document business processes and needs along with strong design abilities to ensure information is presented appropriately, effectively and can be consumed easily
- Excellent command of English; knowledge of French is an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.