We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our team. You will develop various architectures to transform raw data to load into useful data systems. The Data Engineer will also create algorithms and conduct statistical analysis to assist with optimizing the business. Overall, you’ll strive for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals across all product lines.
To succeed in this role, you should have strong analytical skills, the ability to combine data from different sources, the knowledge to apply machine learning methods and familiarity with several programming languages.
If you are detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills and experience in this field, we’d like to hear from you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzing raw data.
- Developing and maintaining datasets.
- Improving data quality and efficiency.
- Model queries and build templates for querying large data sets.
- Model events, notification and alerts.
- Build optimal data systems and pipelines.
- Transform raw data to actional data from various sources.
- Analyze and interpret trends and patterns related to the data.
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results.
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling.
- Build algorithms and prototypes.
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability.
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition.
- Develop analytical tools and programs.
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in functional and non-functional automated testing.
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Hands-on experience with high volume Kafka based architectures
- Technical expertise with streaming frameworks (e.g. Spark, Flink, Beam)
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Go, Java, Python)
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge of distributed systems and architectures
- Hands-on experience with SQL and NOSQL database design
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field; a master’s is a plus
- Data engineering certification is a plus
Deadline for applications: 03.02.2022.