We shape a better world
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists, working across every aspect of todays built environment. Together we help our clients solve their most complex challenges – turning exciting ideas into tangible reality as we strive to find a better way and shape a better world. Our aims and values underpin everything we do. Today, Arup employs more than 14,000 people, in more than 34 countries.
Arup is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are seeking a Data Scientist to provide support for our Group including three offices in Warsaw, Cracow and Belgrade.
Location: Warsaw or Kraków
- The ideal candidate must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data and coding tools, to build and implement models, algorithms and creating/running simulations.
- The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams within Arup, to both educate staff on the possibilities of ML and to identify opportunities where ML, AI and data analytical methods can be used in the build environment and to be able to create innovative presentations to explain their results and value added to our clients
- They should be able to derive trends and insights and can design visually innovative online dashboards to explain their analysis.
You should possess the following experience/skills:
- A 3-5 years of post-qualification experience in building statistical models, manipulating data sets and holds at least a Master’s level qualification in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product and service development.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Experience using cloud-based services
- Some experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark etc
- Willingness to travel internationally on assignment
Making Effective Decisions: being objective; using sound judgment, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice. Being careful and thoughtful about the use and protection of information to ensure it is handled securely and with care.
Seeing the Big Picture: Have an in-depth understanding and knowledge of how your role fits with and supports organisational objectives and the wider firm needs.
Leading and Communicating: Lead in your role from the front and communicate with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm.
Delivering at Pace: Delivering performance with pace and taking responsibility for outcomes; working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
- Stable employment on the basis of full-time job contract
- Supportive and friendly work atmosphere, great team
- Family-friendly flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Attractive salary and benefits package (medical care, multisport card, language courses, global profit shares scheme)
Please send us your CV and one page cover letter.