The Database Administrator (DBA) is a mixed project /operations role focused on growing and supporting CCBILL internal database infrastructure for customer facing products. The DBA will be responsible for handing day-to-day operations and maintenance, as well as project work, (including providing proof-of-concept deliverables, product analysis, technical leadership, and architectural input) for multiple concurrent initiatives. The DBA will also serve as an escalation point for junior staff within Application Services and will serve as the database Subject Matter Expert (SME) for our database products. The DBA will assist and mentor Linux Systems Administrators and Junior Systems Engineers with issues escalated from other support teams, as necessary.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Act as the SME for MySQL database implementations. Ensure standards are being followed, and provide recommendations on corrective actions as needed.
- Linux system performance tuning, specifically as relates to MySQL database installations
- Understanding of Linux system provisioning, operations, and troubleshooting as pertains to deployment and maintenance of database infrastructure
- Assume ownership of existing database infrastructure and determine best path forward for continuing care and feeding. (MySQL , Percona xtra db and some MongoDB)
- Auditing DB structures, queries, configurations, and operating parameters and making tuning recommendations based on resultant data.
- Must be able to lead in a fast paced and highly technical environment with a constant focus on security and compliance
- Provide in-depth technical guidance and mentorship
- Work to continually improve processes and procedures with both internal and external teams
- Enforcing technical and operational standards as set by senior engineering staff
- Ability to research and test unfamiliar technologies
- This position will have on-call responsibilities in a tier 3 escalation scenario
- Assist in creating, refining, and updating of standardized processes as necessary
- 5-7 years minimum experience configuring, deploying, administrating, performance tuning, upgrading and general operational management of MySQL database servers. (Mysql 5.1-current)
- Proficiency in managing WAN based multimaster clustering with local slaves and global replication)
- Experience in analysis and optimization of ORM generated database calls to maximize efficiency
- In-dept experience with database replication engines and processes, in particular but not limited to GTID
- 2+ years’ experience with operations and administration of MongoDB (preferred)
- Experience with event management, incident handling, and problem resolution
- Strong communication, documentation, and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of PCI, HIPAA, GBPR, ITIL, ITSM, and INFOSEC best practices
- Familiarity with Puppet, Ansible, Salt, fabric, or other automation tools.
- Familiarity with standards and technologies such as virtualization (ESX), F5(i-Rules/tcl), Java, PAM, iptables, mod rewrite, and clustering technologies.
- Layer 7 switching, application delivery, and global services load balancing
- 2+ years’ experience maintaining enterprise Unix/Linux environments.
- Working knowledge of software development practices, is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Information Systems
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees/management
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly innovative and creative team, in a great working environment using the latest technologies, methodologies and frameworks.
A competitive salary and benefits package are on offer to the right candidate.