Belgrade, Serbia - (May be some flexibility on location due to the nature of the role)
WHAT TO EXPECT DAY TO DAY
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to help automate, deploy and secure customer facing Cloud solutions using DevOps practices such as automation, CI Pipelines and Infrastructure as Code.You will work alongside Software Development, Product and Operations teams to identify and eliminate constraints in the product life cycle.
You will help to develop monitoring and alerting for AWS deployed platforms and software in order to support sustained and reliable availability of internal and production systems.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is ambitious and not afraid to take ownership, someone with strong technical problem-solving skills and who is collaborative with development teams and has a passion to automate away the mundane areas of development and deployment and will keep up to date with current trends in technology.
You will be working alongside the small, existing team but will be expected to bring additional knowledge and experience to aid the growth and expansion of the company. This position is based in Lisburn but may require very occasional visits to our other sites and offices.
The successful candidate must be available for participation in the on-call rotation schedule and occasional travel.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role (SRE, Cloud infrastructure/DevOps)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience of producing technical and process documentation
- An understanding of the software development process.
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience of container technologies (Docker or Podman)
- Automation using Jenkins
- Experience of AWS services (VPC, Security Group, EC2, Route53, IAM, S3, AWS-cli)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration Pipelines (Gitlab CI, Travis CI, etc.)
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (Shell, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with Source Control Management (Git, SVN)
- Demonstrable Linux Systems Administration (Ubuntu, CentOS)
- Experience with Web servers (Apache, NGINX)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related is desirable but not essential.
- Container Orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm)
- Service monitoring and graphing tools (Prometheus + Grafana, Nagios + Munin)
- Elastic stack
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Repository solutions (Jfrog Artifactory, Jfrog Bintray, Reprepro)
- Lets Encrypt / ACME
- Apache Tomcat
- Messaging streams or communication platforms (RabbitMQ, Postfix, Mandrill)
- Container Orchestration tools (Docker Compose, Docker Swarm, K8s)
- SQL Databases (MongoDB, PostgreSQL, or MySQL)
- Microservice Architecture
- Apache Pulsar / Kafka
- We work together - We know that working collaboratively will help us reach our shared goals faster, so we always look for ways to help each other.
- We believe in people - Here at Camlin, our people are central to what we do and what we can achieve. And as we move towards becoming industry and customer ‘partners’ that’s even more important. We trust our team members to do their best and be supportive.
- We will not accept the ‘way it’s always been done’ - Since Camlin’s inception, we have been curious, inquisitive and always want to improve. Thinking differently is in our DNA and we love solving tough challenges.
- We listen to learn - Whether it is our customers, our markets, or each other, we ask questions and listen to the answers so we can learn and improve.
- We are trying to do the right thing - We take responsibility for our actions and take decisions based on what’s right for people, profit and planet.
Camlin is a global technology leader that operates with the vision of bringing revolutionary products to life for a wide range of industries, including power and rail, and also has interests in a number of R&D projects in a variety of scientific sectors.
At Camlin we believe in high quality engineering and design, allowing us to develop market leading products and services. In short, we love creating value for our customers by solving difficult problems.
As of today, the Camlin operation spans over 20 countries across the globe.
- Company Pension & Benefits
- Smart / Remote Working
- Wellness programmes
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Individuals seeking employment at Camlin are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.