We are looking for a highly skilled DevOps engineer that has experience in building and maintaining complex AWS cloud environments. Candidates should have experience dealing with AWS console, EC2, RDS, R53, and various other AWS instances as well as Linux and Linux web packages.
This position is a remote, work from home position.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing production and development environments, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of systems.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and new products.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best security approaches.
- Helping to develop process documentation, deployment procedures, and monitoring activities.
- AWS experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2,
- RDS, ELB, EFS, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch) to develop and maintain an
- Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Bash) and automation skills.
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration.
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios).
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- DB administration experience especially MySQL.
- Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as GIT.
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- Familiarity with PHP stacks including Laravel, Magento, Wordpress, Drupal.
- Experience with Jira and release management.
- 3 - 5 years of AWS and DevOps experience.
- AWS certs are a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate deep knowledge of AWS and Linux.
- Experience with PHP and other server-side application languages is a plus.
Our Hiring Process
We have a 2-part hiring process that includes a written code test and then a video interview.
- Code Test
In order to qualify for the position, you must pass a code test that takes 2 - 4 hours to complete.
The first interview is technical and the second interview is more about you.