The DevOps Engineer will be maintaining current platform sustainability and delivering new features that provide a high level of impact to the business. Working in a highly technical team, the DevOps will be bringing AWS infrastructure to life, supporting the cloud engineering team, and maintaining CI/CD pipelines and broader tooling and infrastructure for the engineering team by performing the following duties:
- Maintaining the organization's digital infrastructure in the long term
- Collaborate with both development and product teams on building services and applications
- Conducting analyses, and feeding this data back to the development team to support their efforts
- Strive for continuous improvement of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD pipeline)
- Developing digital infrastructure and working on automated code to improve efficiency and reduce risk
- Keeping up with the management of internal databases
- Planning the evolution of software and IT systems
- Create and maintain necessary technical documentation and artifacts
- Staying on top of industry best practices and trends, as well as changes to compliance requirements
- Contribute ideas, research, and share knowledge with the team.
- Be ready to learn new tools and systems quickly; communicate challenges; ask for help regularly.
- Participate in initiatives to define and implement DevOps solutions which include reference architectures, effort estimates, and costing.
- Perform routine application maintenance to ensure the production environment runs smoothly.
- Work with developers and product owners to estimate the size and scope of work.
- Analyze the technology currently being used and develop plans and processes for improvement and expansion.
- Recommends performance enhancements by performing gap analysis, identifying alternative solutions, and assisting with modifications.
- Participates in project planning meetings to share knowledge of system options, risk, impact, and costs vs. benefits.
- Participate in or lead team meetings, mentor junior staff, pair-program, and learn on your own.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Model the Product & Engineering Behavioral Values.
- Express ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form.
- Exhibit good listening and comprehension.
- Write clearly and informatively.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Demonstrate original thinking and creativity.
- Adapt to changing priorities and find workarounds for delays or unexpected events.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of employees or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent degree or equivalent practical experience in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field; 4 or more years related experience with AWS services (EC2, RDS, S3, EBS, ELB, Route 53, IAM, AMI, etc); Network administration experience with VPC, Subnets, Route Tables, Gateways, VPN, etc; Understanding of data collecting/logging and monitoring tools (Kafka, Zookeeper, ELK stack, Opsgenie, Cloud Watch, Grafana, Prometheus); Experience with configuration and managing SQL/NoSQL databases (MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis); Experience with CI/CD tools and technologies in a Development Operations; Orchestration software tools like Docker compose, ECS, Kubernetes, etc.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
This is typically for an information technology position where the entire focus of the position is on computers or the networks on which computers communicate. Has advanced skills in working with hardware, software, support, and management of computer systems and can adapt extremely well to newer applications. Has advanced skills working with programming and networking computer software and systems.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is, on very rare occasions, exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
- Competitive salary
- Full-time contract
- Private health insurance
- Free parking spot
- Being part of the most disruptive esports tech company with constant innovation and exploring new frontiers
- Friendly, yet professional environment – a welcoming team
- Largely flexible work structure and hours
- Office gym
- New features, new projects, and new clients all the time, including in-house IPs we build
- Pet-friendly office
We require you to send us a nicely structured CV. The focus should be on your skills and passion for the gaming/esports industry.
TwogNation’s team does not care about your gender, religion, origin, or other irrelevant things. If you want to give your application the “little extra”, then please highlight your motivation, attitude, volunteering, similar or otherwise connected jobs/projects, direct or cross-industry applicable skills and your ambitions, and how you see yourself in a few years from now, as we strive to support your career actively.
Location: TwogNation offices in Rakovica, Belgrade
Work model: Hybrid, working model that requires a few days in the office and the rest can be done from home.
TwogNation is an esports tech holding company with multiple business lines which has existed for 5 years now. Our head office is located in Belgrade, Serbia but we also have a presence in the European Union, US, UK, and Canada.
Our company has a few branches, TwogEngine, TwogNews, TwogHub, and Icatrex.
TwogEngine is our software for organizing online gaming tournaments. We spent years building this software and its features, so it’s ready for implementation into any system. The backend is in Java 8 (Spring), frontend is in Angular. We use PostgreSQL as a database. As a server, we use AWS.
This is an ongoing project, which we constantly try to upgrade and enhance.
Besides our software, we do other projects for clients, primarily web3 and esports related, but not exclusively.
TwogNews, our news aggregator: single destination for all the latest news in esports and gaming. We are curating the news and updates in the industry and producing investment and drama reports, statistics, history, infographics, and content which is easy for the users to digest.
TwogHub is a B2C platform that is a one-stop for esports. It consists of 3 pillars - information and aggregation, full tournament engine, and social platform.
On TwogHub you can make your own profile, player's passport, find tournaments, find teammates, and much more!
Icatrex, our outstaffing and recruitment division, was born out of TwogNation.
Through working with partners, we had requests to build tech for non-sports products.
We wanted to share our expertise and services with the wider world and help companies reach the top of their industries.
Our team is mostly developers, plus a few operational staff. We have a strict “no asshole” policy, which means we don’t tolerate any kind of bad behavior towards colleagues.
na osnovu 4 recenzije
Karijera / privatni život
Iskustvo o radu
Sjajna saradnja sa svim zaposlenim!
Lokacija same kancelarije, daleko od grada. Ali hej, uvek ima parking mesta barem :)
Belgrade (hybrid model)
Belgrade (hybrid model)
Prosečna neto plata
CTO 1 plata
Prosečna neto plata
UX/UI Designer 1 plata
Prosečna neto plata
COO 1 plata
Private health insurance
Progressive salary model
Very flexible working schedule
Hybrid working model