IO Global, creator of the Cardano blockchain platform, is searching for a DevOps Full Stack Developer to join its rapidly expanding engineering team. As a Full Stack Developer, you will have the exciting challenge of working on cutting-edge research and technology focusing on market needs. You will be working with our Daedalus wallet team on one of our most exciting projects – Cardano – and taking responsibility for writing high-quality code.
The wallet team is being expanded to build new products, maintain current products, and produce more enterprise-grade services and tools for frontend use cases. This role requires frontend web UI development. You will be undertaking rapid prototyping and production-grade development using test-driven design principles, alongside test engineers and product management to realize solutions.
As a DevOps Full Stack Developer, you will help create a new blockchain application platform. Working with a cross-functional team of engineers, cryptographers and designers, you will design and implement tools to allow developers to create decentralized applications using the blockchain and cryptocurrency ecosystem.
Duties will include:
- Following agile software development practices
- Working with teams across time zones
- Working independently on software development tasks
- Being proactive and requiring minimal supervision or mentoring to complete tasks
- Reviewing specifications produced by architects and formal methods specialists
- Contributing to the design of algorithms
- Writing clean, straightforward, efficient code that satisfies acceptance criteria and specifications
- Committing often and submitting small pull requests frequently
- Covering your code with unit, property and integration tests when applicable
- Reviewing the pull requests of your team mates
- Fixing bugs in your own code and in legacy code from others
- Being available to fix severe issues in emergencies on deployed products
- Integrating software components and third-party libraries
- Verifying and deploying programs and systems
- Troubleshooting, debugging and upgrading software
- Writing documentation for the code
- Writing technical user manuals
- Developing your knowledge of distributed and concurrent computation
- Developing your knowledge of the basics of cryptography.
- Three to five years’ experience in designing solutions to provide isolated runtime environments for applications in complex, critical systems
- Three to five years’ spent developing expert knowledge in many of the following: Docker, Kubernetes, Container Linux, OpenShift, LXC, OpenV2, Cgroups, Libvirt, Cilium, Anchore, Dagda, Notary, Sysdig Falco, Banyanops Collector
- Must have experience at application level of Linux, Mac, Windows, and OSX; distributed systems, application security, and software development methods such as agile programming and test-driven development. Blockchain experience would be a bonus
- Wide-ranging experience of resolving complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Experience of working with product teams to turn functional requirements into pragmatic, logical, service-based technical designs
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English
- Experience with Git and Git workflow
- Qualification such as an MSc in computer science or software engineering.
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally searching for someone in a European timezone.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
Deadline for applications: 06.11.2021.