We are setting up a new DevOps team to work on a Cloud-Native initiative for phoenixNAP, a CCBill integration partner. The team will use the latest technologies, frameworks, and approaches that merge development with operations to create the next generation platform for our customers that will allow them to run scalable applications in modern and dynamic environments including public, private, and hybrid clouds.
As the Bare Metal Automation Engineer, you will be a part of a high-performing team that will develop API, microservices, and scripts to automate phoenixNAP’s bare metal services.
Close collaboration is required with the scrum master, peer architects, engineers and product owner within a scrum team to develop bare metal services and APIs.
phoenixNAP is a Premier Service Provider in the VMware Cloud Provider Program and a Platinum Veeam Cloud & Service Provider partner. We are also PCD-DSS validated service provider and our flagship facility is SOC Type1 and SOC Type 2 audited.
The DevOps Network Engineer is responsible for providing technical expertise in the design, implementation, and support of a new product set for the company. He/she will help contribute to an automation-first operations team (DevOps) to increase our efficiencies, ability to scale, and reduce our time to market.
He/she will research and develop new tools and processes for network infrastructure in order to ensure maximum network performance and availability both to internal and external customers. The DevOps Network Engineer will interact with traditional networking teams to ensure the company maintains standards across the infrastructure of various product lines.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Drive the design and development efforts related to network architecture, scalability, availability, and performance in alignment with the product/service road map.
- Strive for continuous improvement to ensure that the network infrastructure attains maximum performance, security, and availability.
- Leverage existing and assist in the development of new automation tools and processes to proactively monitor the health of the network and respond to events.
- Oversee technical and operational compliance for networking systems to ensure that security measures are followed and to optimize the efficiency of the network.
- Create and maintain documentation for the network configuration, network mapping, processes, service records, profiles maintained, and any maintenance carried out on servers/devices. Documentation must ensure everything is readily traceable.
- Monitor requests and a ticketing system to ensure that network issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues and minimize downtime.
- Sc. degree preferred and/or CCNP Certification. Two years’ experience in Enterprise Networks.
- Experience with LAN/WAN enterprise hardware.
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, Routing Protocols, Switching, Security, VPN, and MPLS.
- Knowledge of DDoS Protection systems.
- Experience in network automation and/or experience with one or more programming languages (Python, Ruby, etc).
- Strong business orientation with a demonstrated knowledge of the IT industry.
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of non-technical internal and external clients.
What we offer:
- The highly talented, professional and friendly team.
- The ability to use cutting edge technologies.
- Private health insurance.
- Introductory training.
- Possibility for personal and professional growth.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free soft drinks, fruit, tea, and coffee.
- Social activities and very friendly working environment
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter and CV in English!