We are setting up a new DevOps team to work on a Cloud Native initiative for phoenixNAP, a CCBill integration partner. The team will use the latest technologies, frameworks and approaches that merge development with operations to create the next generation platform for our customers that will allow them to run scalable applications in modern and dynamic environments including public, private and hybrid clouds.
As the DevOps QA Engineer, you will be part of a high-performing team that will develop APIs and microservices for phoenixNAP’s infrastructure services using DevOps methodology.
Close collaboration is required with the scrum master, peer architects, engineers and product owner within a scrum team to develop, test and deploy API products.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Develop and automate the testing of APIs and microservices in containerized infrastructure environments
- Research, perform proof-of-concept and implement QA methods to improve test automation, increase test coverage and reduce risks
- Act as an intermediary between the DevOps team and Quality Assurance to ensure alignment of testing strategies and standards
- Extensive experience in developing unit, integration, functional and performance tests for distributed software systems
- Experience with QA automation frameworks and management system such as Selenium, TestLink etc.
- Experience with API and microservices development and testing
- Experience with agile development and DevOps methodology
- Experience with CICD tools, such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Git etc.
- Experience with programming languages, such as Java, C#, Python etc.
- History of successful research and proofs of concept of new technologies
- Good communication, team work and problem solving skills
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Experience with Cloud technology, such as AWS, Azure, OpenStack, VMWare etc.
- Experience with container and Cloud Native technology, such as Kubernetes, Docker, Service Mesh etc.
- Experience with API Gateway products, such as Apigee, MuleSoft etc.
- Experience with relational databases, such as MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis
- Experience with OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML security standards
- Understanding of networking concepts, such as switching, routing, BGP, VLAN, SDN
- Understanding of bare metal server automation, such as IPMI, PXE
- Highly motivated in learning new technology
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly innovative and creative team, in a great working environment using the latest technologies, methodologies and frameworks. A competitive salary and benefits package are on offer to the right candidate.