The Open Source team is looking for a Developer Relations role with a strong DevOps background. The primary goal of the role will be to help beautify our open source projects and make them as welcoming and inviting to newcomers as they are useful and technically relevant. While the initial focus of this work is technical in nature, we expect the work to mature into the other aspects of DevRel: marketing and outreach of our projects as well as communicating with our internal stakeholders.
THE ROLE WILL CONSIST OF THESE CORE DUTIES:
- Help us clean up our open source projects. This includes proper CI/CD tooling, release artifacts and release notes, and other associated documentation.
- Help build internal and external tooling for our open source projects — whether that’s a new SDK for our APIs, a demo site using one of our projects, a quick tutorial to demonstrate an API from a Google sheet plugin, or dashboards to display the work the team is doing.
- Liaise with the open source team and our internal users. This includes finding solutions and debug issues for those groups as well as providing product and engineering feedback.
- Advocate for our open source work in public forums. This might include our own technical marketing content, Twitter, blog posts, speaking engagements or wherever else we feel the audience for our product will be found.
- Intimate familiarity with CI/CD and software release processes
- Experience in open source software development
Since this work is for our open source program, all of our contributions are by definition public and open source. You get to contribute to a meaningful technology that many other companies use all while improving your own public profile.
Working on this exciting project means difficult problems to solve. While this particular role focuses on one key aspect of our architecture, it relates to an ecosystem that is focused on all of the latest tools and current approaches in data science and machine learning.
Lastly, our open source team is a fully remote and distributed team. This allows our team the freedom to get their work done where-ever they need to be. This was true and will still be true after normal travel resumes in the world.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- A flat team structure and a highly collaborative culture that values progress over perfection and encourages creativity, innovation and diversity
- A highly motivated global team of colleagues
- A flexible working style
WHO WE ARE?
Bakson Ltd is a software development company based in Belgrade. We are working with teams around the world and take pride on variety of projects we handle and technology we use.
HOW DO WE WORK?
Our workflow in inspired by Agile and Lean principles. We’re not devoted to Scrum or any other framework, but are trying to work in small batches, with fast feedback and very close interaction with product owners.
The emphasis in our team is on collaboration and mutual support – sharing project workflow with globally distributed teams, contributing code to core global services and applications, and encouraging cultural exchange between development groups. Ticketmaster encourages working from home, and the distributed nature of our teams requires us to have flexibility around working hours. We’re familiar with asynchronous and remote work. A Software Engineer in our company is a core writer of code, but also an inspirer and an exemplar to other developers…
Basically, what we care about is that you are a self-starter, happy to work with others, and prepared to adapt and do your best.
Deadline for applications: 05.07.2021.