Eurobank is looking for a hands-on Digital Development Team Supervisor to provide management and technical oversight for one of our teams delivering software for digital channels (e/m banking, digital branch, etc.). We are looking for a strong senior developer with proven hands on development experience leading a small to medium sized team in an agile environment.
As Digital Development Team Supervisor you are expected to take ownership of leading the development unit, harnessing the skills of those who specialize in disciplines of full stack development such as software architecture, application development and integration to deliver the best overall results. You are expected to line manage people in a variety of disciplines and effectively manage their careers providing the necessary direction and support. A Digital Development Team Supervisor uses his knowledge of software architecture best practice to shape the team’s methodology and deliver on the Bank’s Digital Agenda.
- Strong business acumen in area of digitalization in banking industry. Customer liaison regarding day to day software engineering decisions, as well as wider roadmaps, practices and processes
- Hands on development of new features
- Strong understanding of the broad range of software technologies and platforms available on market.
- Creating high-level product specifications and design documents. Creating integration design by usage of open interfaces and wide range of opensource or vendor solutions.
- Enforcing clean architecture by reuse of existing vendor and in-house systems. Reviewing of vendor documentation in order to chose best solution to fit into overall bank IT architecture
- Providing the development team with architectural blueprints to follow.
- Management of resources to ensure the appropriate team shape, levels of experience/capability and fulfilment of roles - including the recruitment of technical employees
- Line management of up to 8 technical resources including pastoral care, formal reviews and both identification and provisioning of training needs
- Facilitate development methodology e.g. development cycle planning, release planning, etc.
- Implementation of banking digitalization strategy, ensuring stakeholders are on board and measuring progress through KPIs
- Being involved directly with the Digital business requestors and internal project management teams to plan and deliver for small, medium and large projects
- Investigating and developing performance improvements to the bank digital platform
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with coding or design. Working with different integration partners to solve integration issues
- Assisting the support team in investigating production issues
The Day to Day Responsibilities will be to:
- Develop new features and functionality for Digital banking channels, electronic and digital branch
- Delegate work to your team, accordingly, providing support where required
- Prioritize the team's backlog and set customer expectations on timescales
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Designing solutions that are modular, scalable and portable
- Work to improve overall system architecture and design components to meet those goals
- A bachelor’s degree in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering, or information systems from a well-regarded university
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Demonstrable talent coding in at least one major language (C#, Oracle PL/SQL, Angular)
- Strong experience in developing software
- Demonstrable experience in large scale system design
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Highly analytical mindset, with an ability to see both the big picture and the details.
- Web technologies and internet protocols (SOAP, WS-*, ReST, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP)
- Front-End Development (especially Angular)
- Backend development (WCF, WEB API, PL/SQL)
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Containerization in DevOps and Automated unit testing frameworks
- Experience in developing distributed systems and concepts such as caching, micro services, interprocess communication and brokering
- Ability to learn and critique new technologies quickly
We are offering:
- Development opportunities and carrier progress
- Challenging, friendly & safe/ working environment
- Continuous professional advancement
If you are interested in this challenging position, please send you application with CV to our address, with full confidentiality.
Eurobank a.d. Beograd – Human Resources
With respect to all applications, please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.