About the role
A big hello from the team at Compucorp!
At Compucorp we empower socially responsible organisations with the tools they need to build a better world.
We work with Charities across their digital stack helping them to rebuild their processes using flexible open source tools. We help organisations reimagine the way they work so they can focus on impact.
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Drupal/PHP engineer to join our growing team. Your work will have a significant impact and the role will expose you to working on a range of open source projects for the not for profit sector including complex Drupal implementations, portals, e-commerce sites and community platforms.
We’re an established and growing Drupal agency, working on many exciting and challenging projects. Whilst our solutions are based on Drupal (with a range of both Drupal 7 and 8/9 implementations) they also include a widely used not-for-profit focussed CRM module known as CiviCRM. The combination of the two platforms adds an extra layer of complexity to our work and will give you exposure to other technologies then standard Drupal and a chance to further develop your skills
As a distributed company with an HQ in London, but team members from all around the world, one of the things that makes working at Compucorp special is the chance to meet, mix and learn from people from an amazing array of nationalities and cultures. We’re extremely proud of the way we work and the open culture we’ve developed.
If that sounds like the right fit for you we’d love to hear from you.
- Work on a broad range of Drupal sites, from smaller self contained projects to large-scale enterprise-level multitier deployments.
- Ensure technical expectations, and requirements of deliverables are met
- Working on Drupal 7, 8 and 9 implementations, many with complex CiviCRM integrations
- Unit testing / Code reviews
- Expert in both Drupal 7 and 8, with a minimum of 3 years of experience with each. Please note: this role will expose you to a significant amount of Drupal 7 code as we have many clients still using Drupal 7.
- Excellent experience writing modern PHP code the right way (https://phptherightway.com/)
- Good database / SQL (MySQL) skills, including performance optimisation and normalisation
- Knowledge of development for accessibility and inclusivity
- Strong Git experience (you know your submodules from your subtrees!) and knowledge of working with Drupal in a team environment (i.e. using features, configuration management etc).
- Good knowledge of Web-services based on SOAP / REST
- Applicable Acquia certification a bonus
- Experience writing PHP unit tests for Drupal
- Object oriented PHP skills
- Experience in developing high performing software
- A solid understanding of software architecture concepts and how to apply them in a Drupal environment
- Experience with PlatformSH or other PaaS service
- Experience with CiviCRM or working with CRMs in general
- Strong understanding of continuous integration and test automation in multiple environments and multiple project streams
What we value in this role:
- You have formed opinions over what makes good software development practices and can communicate them clearly, but are open to the thoughts and views of others
- You look to learn at every opportunity
- You search for and propose improvements at all levels as part of your work
- You are as excited about architectural technical discussions as fixing small bugs
- You champion agile best practices and Continuous Delivery
- Demonstrable experience of having contributed to the Drupal community
- You want to be involved in both the technical aspects of the role but also consider business strategy, customer insight, technology platforms.
How to apply
If you think you've seen the role for you and can make a big difference to our team, then please send us through a CV with a short covering letter via the application form below.