The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
The role of the Economic Security Data & Analytics Specialist is to serve as the focal point and lead service provider for data management and data solutions development and maintenance as well as all matters related to analysis and information management required for Economic Security (EcoSec) programming with the overall objective of strengthening the EcoSec evidence-base. S/he is an expert in data collection, data management, analysis and data science, and strong in all aspects of the data lifecycle. S/he is expected to use a client-oriented approach and coordinate and collaborate with all Departments/Units within the ICRC on cross-cutting projects and/or matters which their area of expertise may be concerned for, particularly the ICT Division.
The Belgrade Shared Services Center is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Economic Security Data and Analytics Specialist
Data management support
- Under the guidance of the Analysis & Evidence Advisor, the Regional A&E specialists and the EcoSec Data & Analytics Lead and according to the needs of Delegations, provides operational support to Delegations as a service
- Proactively shares information useful to the EcoSec programme staff and other relevant ICRC staff particularly ICT
- Supports and coaches staff on data collection, data management and analysis
- In collaboration with the rest of the Analysis & Evidence team, s/he supports technical development and maintenance of tools for field users as well as guidance on their use
- Provides support to identifying appropriate trainings for staff in the field
- Actively participates and animates sessions at trainings and workshops
- Serves as focal point for EcoSec data and analytical tools and manages at the field-level in topics related to beneficiary registration, market monitoring, micro-economic initiatives, nutrition, resilience, etc.
- Supports the maintenance and use of existing data collection and registration tools including Device Magic, Red Rose and ODK, as well as the development and maintenance of new corporate tools
- Maintains relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Works closely with other ICRC departments to ensure data interoperability
- University degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Data Analysis, Economics, statistics or relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in data management of structured and unstructured databases as well as minimum 2 years of experience in assessment, monitoring and evaluation concepts and methods used in social programming
- Proven experience in coaching adult audiences with different levels of expertise
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Access, VBA, SQL, Python, Stata, SPSS
- Fluency in English, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to develop relational databases with user-friendly interfaces for use in social programming and interventions including programme monitoring and situation monitoring systems
- Experience in querying data from external data sources (data mining); developing customized reports, including static and interactive (dashboard) and mobile data collection tools such as ODK, Kobo, etc.
- Awareness of latest technologies and techniques used for data mining and data management
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently throughout the year (about 10-15%)
- Experience in developing web applications
- Experience in project and/or application management
- Application of data management techniques for social programming
- Knowledge of key indicators used in monitoring and evaluation of social programmes
WHAT WE OFFER
- A work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.