What we are looking for
We are looking for a dedicated candidate to join our Embedded Software Engineering Team. With our Front-End, Back-End and DevOps teams, he/she will participate in features development and have the opportunity to deliver highly reliable code, research and develop new technologies, grow professionally and personally and achieve great things!
Who we are
Founded in 2013 by a team of veterans in the industrial automation and software development industry, WolkAbout is one of the pioneering Industrial Internet of Things companies. We’ve built a complete IoT application enablement platform and user-friendly tools to allow system integrators, product and service providers to develop and rapidly bring industrial-grade IoT applications to market.
With 50+ employees and headquarters in Prague, Czechia, a regional office in Arnhem, the Netherlands and a development centre in Novi Sad, Serbia, WolkAbout is simplifying digital transformation journeys worldwide.
Your main responsibilities will be
- Develop the applications for embedded devices (e.g. gateways, industrial PCs) for the purpose of solving various industry domain problems
- Update existing SDKs and software tools with the latest features
- Get involved in the integration of various hardware platforms to the cloud
- Participate in the integration with the third-party cloud services
- Develop industrial communication protocols from the specification
You are a great fit for this role if you have the following skills and experience
- Excellent knowledge of C++ programming language, with a good understanding of Standard Library and C++ 11/14/17 standard
- Knowledge of C++ compilers, libraries, toolsets, frameworks and Unit testing
- Good knowledge of the C programming language
- Software design skills, with a deep understanding of good software engineering principles
- Good knowledge of software lifecycle: requirements, design, code, test, deployment, maintenance and documentation
- Good knowledge of Linux-based platforms - especially infrastructure related to the operating system configuration (services, daemons) and shell scripting
- Experience in using Git
- Basic understanding of how the embedded hardware works
Why you will love working here
- Company-sponsored conferences, workshops and overall knowledge improvement: ✓
- Opportunity to work with and learn from our top IoT team and grow professionally and personally: ✓
- Holiday: 25 days/year
- Flexible working hours: ✓
- Friendly environment: ✓
- Private health package: ✓
- Fitness benefits and fun activities: ✓
- Salary: competitive
- Gameroom: ✓
- Bike and free parking: ✓
- Possibility to work from home: ✓
- Workweek: 40 hours
Specification of our organisation
- Remote position: ✗
- Work location: Serbia, Novi Sad, Bulevar Jovana Dučića 15
- Company size: 50+
If you are interested in our business and technology, we’d love to hear from you!
Join our team as we create smarter tomorrow!