Are you our next Front-End Architect?
Accelerate innovation… and your career.
Who we are
Founded in 2017, Upchain (www.upchain.com) provides Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions on the Cloud. We fuel innovation and simplify product development by connecting sales, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, service, and others at all points in the product lifecycle. Empowering an impressive list of customers to make better products faster, our easy-to-use platform enables real-time collaborations, establishes the digital thread, manages changes, facilitates viewing of CAD files in 3D, and captures feedback and business processes from any stakeholder throughout the product value chain.
With headquarters in Toronto (Canada) and three offices in Croatia, our 85+ employee company was named one of Deloitte Technology’s Fast 50™ Companies-to-Watch last year for exhibiting strong growth as well as recognized by the Lazaridis ScaleUp Program as one of Canada’s Top 10 growth-stage start-ups.
You will enjoy working with us if:
- You are suited to work in a young and evolving environment where there are significant wisdom and years of industry knowledge at the helm.
- You are excited to play a part in helping the company realize its commitment to strengthening culture, communication, procedures, and leadership.
- You are smart, creative, love taking ownership, and can work efficiently and autonomously.
- You want to gain lots of experience, learn about the industry, and advance your career through personal and professional development supported by experienced mentors.
- You are self-motivated, independent, confident, accountable, and comfortable exercising initiative and solid judgment.
- You are keen to learn new technologies in an inclusive and diverse work environment.
- You like challenges, being a trailblazer, shaping the future, and working with some of the world's most innovative and iconic organizations.
As Front-End Architect, you will work with our UX, Product Management, and product development teams. You will lead research, design, documentation, and implementation of initiatives to create a highly innovative user experience for our customers, changing the nature of what PLM is for the industry.
In this full-time role, you would enjoy competitive pay, stock options, overtime pay and flexible/remote working options.
- In collaboration with other architects and scrum teams, discuss, define and document a vision for front-end architecture to be used across the entire Upchain SaaS platform
- Review the work of the development team to ensure that the architecture decisions are being executed and the team is following coding standards and architecture guidelines
- With scalability, security, quality, maintainability, and robustness as main objectives work with development teams to define the workflows, libraries, and tooling
- Produce high quality, testable, secure, scalable, and performant code
- Actively lead and participate in knowledge-sharing sessions to ensure alignment across all development teams
- Practice continuous learning and conduct research of new technologies to be able to suggest improvement to our tech stack to maintain the competitive advantage of our platform
- A proactive, accountable person with a strong understanding of Agile and Scaled Agile development practices/tooling and a broad knowledge of full software development lifecycle
- An active listener and tactful communicator with the strong interpersonal skills needed to work with various stakeholders
- A multitasker capable of prioritizing and managing your time and multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, results-oriented environment
- A strong advocate for - and contributor to - quality, Health & Safety, and an elite DevOps Engineering culture
- An experienced technical leader skilled at mentoring others, leading complex design, and identifying innovative solutions to our most challenging problems. Experience with direct management of team members is an asset
- Experience organizing, maintaining, and improving large codebases with a focus on quality, reliability, and performance
- Strong understanding of front-end data storage libraries such as MobX or Redux
- Expertise working with large data sets and complex data structures
- Strong testing experience utilizing automated testing tools and frameworks such as Jest or Jasmine
- Expertise with Sass, CSS, and preferably BEM
- Experience working with the Ant Design UI Library is an asset
- Experience working with charting libraries
- Experience developing accessible web applications (WCAG)
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and JSON
- Experience building Google application add-ons and Office 365 add-ins is an asset
- Experience building cross-platform UI libraries is an asset
- Experience building micro frontends is an asset
- Experience working with source code management such as GitHub
- Knowledge of creating high-quality reusable components
- Familiarity with Security by Design practices and Product Lifecycle Management concepts
- Experience working with UX designers
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience working with enterprise software
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
What we offer:
- Competitive pay (overtime pay is applicable)
- Stock options
- Extra vacation days
- Flexible hours and work from home options
- An inclusive work environment that facilitates advancement and embraces members with diverse perspectives
Do you fit with an innovative, fast-growing software engineering company with a very bright future? Let’s find out. Submit your resume and cover letter today!