Looking to combine creativity + code? Want to contribute your skills to an organisation helping independent media survive in tough environments? Read on for an opportunity that was made for you!
Sourcefabric is a nonprofit organisation that builds open-source tools for media organisations all over the world. You will be a key member of the Superdesk UI/UX team, working alongside experienced and talented developers and designers. We are an international, friendly and enthusiastic team.
Superdesk is an end-to-end news creation, production, curation, distribution and publishing platform developed and maintained by Sourcefabric. It is scalable to suit news organisations of any size, from national news agencies to small online newspapers, with a modular approach that makes it easily extensible.
- Work with the Superdesk product owner on the conception and realisation of new product features
- Focus on code quality and testability
- Share your knowledge of good code practices with the rest of the team
- Continually improve technical processes to get us operating more efficiently
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5 & CSS3
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (Less or SASS)
- Experience (or strong interest in) working with Agile development projects, in particular Scrum
- Excellent attention to detail
- Passion for good engineering and clean code practices
- Experience with test-driven development and continuous integration is a plus
- Familiar with GitHub-like development workflows using Pull Requests for peer review
- You are a team player and have a strong work ethic
- Fluent English is a must
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? COME JOIN US!
You are a kick-ass Front-End Developer, you are passionate about open-source, you love web and UI development. You have experience working in a development environment and understand the software development cycle and all that that means, and you care about quality. Most importantly, you are eager to learn and share!
It would be ideal if you are located in Belgrade - Serbia. But if you are located in a different European country you can still send us your application.
Send us your resume and cover letter (max 2 pages). It would be appreciated if you also send work samples in addition to your CV.
Learn more about us at www.sourcefabric.org
Deadline for applications: 26.10.2019.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.