IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
We are looking for an experienced Game Mathematician to join us in delivering the next generation of digital casino and lottery products for a worldwide audience. We are a passionate team, in the process of undergoing a technology shift and expanding our reach into the realm of third-party development.
A vital part of this process is ensuring that every game’s math is accurate, compliant for all target jurisdictions, and non-exploitable. Additionally, we are occasionally called upon to validate outcomes in the field or investigate unusual player sessions. With ever-evolving regulations, new emerging markets, and ever more innovative game mechanics, a love of details, an “always learning” mindset, and a healthy respect for compliance-related issues are key to your success.
Due to our international structure, IGT provides you with a challenging multicultural environment where you can use your initiative and contribute to the realization of the company’s targets. IGT strongly believes in personal development and invests continually in training and coaching.
- Calculate the probabilities of winning combinations and other aspects of game design
- Responsible for coding and testing the mathematical logic of our games
- Prepare the necessary mathematical documentation for the technical approval
- You are the internal contact person for requests concerning mathematical concepts
- May be called on to verify jackpot awards, or other large wins
- May assist in investigating anomalous sessions as requested by operators
- May be consulted in advisory role during a game’s concept phase for exploitability or jurisdictional risks
- Attend bi-weekly joint meeting of designers/mathematicians in San Francisco, Belgrade, and Manchester
- Opportunities to make prototype math for Innovation Forum pitches
- Opportunities to make actual prototypes of pitch mechanisms
- If desired, can pitch innovative ideas and submit patent applications
- University degree in Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or similar science
- Strong knowledge of statistics and probability
- 2-4 years of experience in the area of mathematics, statistics, engineering or similar
- Strong Excel skills
- Proficient in programming C++, C#, Python, Java or similar language, for simulating game logic
- Being precise, detailed, and accurate
- Solid technical English as well as good team playing and good communication skills
Additional advantageous skills
- Experience with real money wagering games (casino, table games, lottery style games) a big plus
- Very competitive salary
- Additional bonuses
- Flexible working hours
- Private health insurance
- Well-connected location of our Belgrade Office
Our Recruitment Process:
We aim to reply to all applicants within 2 weeks of receiving your application. Our interview process consists of several stages, each one allowing us to get to know you better, professionally and technically.
The stages include:
- CV review
- Phone Screen
- Test – Candidates will be asked to complete different assignments in the area of combinatorics, probability calculation and to write code of mathematical logic of a game. You’ll have 7 working days to complete the test.
- Successful candidates are eligible to pass to the final round.
How long will the process take? Depends on number of applicants, usually 2 weeks for interview stage but we are available for additional questions or update on selection stage at any moment during process.
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, and to creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, covered veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, federal laws or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.