Who are we?
Hyperoptic is the UK's hyperfast broadband network. Founded in 2011 to shake up the UK broadband market, we're leading the way in full fibre technology. With hyperfast speeds 14x faster than the UK average, we're changing the way people are experiencing broadband.
We established Hyperoptic's Belgrade office in 2013, starting with only 20 Developers to support the business. As of today we are 400 people and growing superfast - once a small start-up has become a success story in Belgrade, with over 1300 employees globally.
Due to continuous expansion Hyperoptic are hiring for a IT System Administrator who goes beyond the expected. We believe in working smarter together, whilst our teams stay focused and people passionately strive for excellence. As IT System Administrator your mission will be to be a part of our team in charge of all Hyperoptic IT infrastructure on public cloud (GCP and AWS) and our own private cloud. We are looking for a system administrator with great enthusiasm to work for telco broadband provider with knowledge and experience on all cloud platforms, virtualization, containerization, database, servers and monitoring systems. Knowledge related to Docker and Kubernetes is essential but also on Zabbix, Nagios or Graphana would be highly desirable. Our team is looking for someone with interest to learn more about open source databases (MySQL and PostgreSQL). Does this sound like you?
What will you be doing?
- Maintains a highly functional, optimized IT infrastructure systems through proper configuration and system access monitoring
- Determines backup, redundancy and high availability strategies
- Coordinates and manage vendors to perform troubleshooting, issue resolution and root cause analysis of problems that impact administrative and distribution assets/applications
- Provides support to 1st line IT teams to resolve more complex problems within SLA
- Documents changes to the systems using change management best practice
- Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations
- Maintains high quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
What are we looking for?
- Degree level in field such as information technology or computer science would be desirable
- Experience with Server Administration, Cloud Infrastructure Administration and Virtual Infrastructure Administration (VMWare)
- Know-How in security, backup and monitoring solutions
- Knowledge on IT Automation (pushing PowerShell further)
- Experience with Database Administration
- Experience with Enterprise IP Network Administration
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Why are we the best place for work?
We are based in three beautiful locations in Senjak with:
- Catered lunch every day
- Basketball court and table tennis
- Fresh fruit every week
- Massage on site
- Pet friendly office
- We're committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees – in fact this is at the heart of our company culture and values. We welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
What happens next?
- You apply.
- We carefully review your application over a decent cup of coffee.
- We'll get back to you. Even if it's a no (at the moment).
- Hyperoptic has been recognized in the top three for the Best Recruitment Process amongst Belgrade IT Companies, three years in a row.
And don't forget to keep an eye on our careers site as we're growing fast: https://careers.hyperoptic.com/
We look forward to hearing from you!