What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Create and maintain a proactive and stable IT environment as well as provide IT support to our Epic people. You will be empowered to shape processes that deliver optimized IT service across our business. Work with emerging technologies while enabling IT success for everyone. By being deeply embedded as a local IT for the 3Lateral/Cubic Motion team (Digital Human Initiative), you would evaluate initiative business needs and determine how it can be supported by leveraging software, hardware or infrastructure and make sure that they are in alignment with the rest of the company.
What you’ll do
We are looking for an IT project manager (producer) to provide project management guidance while creating and aligning multiple projects in parallel. This role will include aligning high profile projects across multiple stakeholders. This person will be embedded with the technical Digital Human Initiative (DHI) IT team members, working to identify and establish priorities, scope, target completion and present status on a regular basis. This role will drive DHI IT initiatives and liaise with key stakeholders to ensure closure. This individual will be actively managing and prioritizing the team's backlog in alignment with the Lead System Engineer, other team leads and Epic IT producers. This role requires the ability to work with multiple priorities in parallel while ensuring deadlines are met.
In this role, you will
- Intake of various projects that require the participation of DHI IT team
- Act as DHI IT point of contact for external teams
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders to: establish priorities, project scope, estimate delivery dates and document status updates
- Ensure that high profile DHI IT initiatives are completed within the allotted time.
- Develop and manage schedules for projects, ensuring alignment with teams parallel priorities
- Collaborate with team leads to identify key milestones, deliverables, and costs
- Effectively communicate roadblocks and milestones with management
- Create and deliver informative, well-organized, and impactful presentations
- Create project plans, reports, budgets proposals and other documents
- Coordinate with counterparts around the world to deliver DHI IT product launches and integrations
- Track action items/meeting notes from team meetings
- Manage the team's backlog and prioritize tasking based on input from the Lead System Engineer and other team leads
- Work closely with Project Owner to develop detailed project plans, monitor project progress to ensure it stays on track and meets deadlines.
- Work with project management process implementation, actively identify process gaps and improvement opportunities, participants in continuous process improvement.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- Degree in Software Technology, Engineering, IT or Information Security
- Solid understanding in the areas of IT technologies
- Ability to effectively identify and communicate roadblocks as well as mitigating minor delays
- Ability to adapt and be effective in a highly dynamic environment
- Excellent written/ verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working on ambiguous projects or limited data
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others
- Experience with the software development life cycle and the ability to manage projects using proven methodologies (Agile, Kanban, Waterfall, hybrid, etc.)
- Experience using Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Demonstrated adaptability and capability to manage multiple priorities in parallel
Nice to have skills
- Knowledge of gaming industry terms and standards is a plus
- Knowledge of computer vision concepts is a strong plus
- Previous working experience as IT Engineer or Software Developer
- PMP Certification
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). We offer private medical insurance, one fund cash plan, pension, disability and life insurance, transportation and meals.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Deadline for applications: 08.08.2021.