Ubisoft is one of the leaders in entertainment, with a rich portfolio of well-known brands worldwide. We are committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. Ubisoft Belgrade was established in 2016 and focuses on strengthening Ubisoft's presence on multiple platforms – PC, console, and Google Stadia. Our studio has contributed to multiple AAA titles, including Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, Steep, The Crew 2 and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six. Here you will get a chance to work together with young, creative and talented individuals who are just as passionate about gaming as you are!
Ubisoft Belgrade is looking for a talented programmer to join our growing team! As a part of the Online team, you will be a key player in delivering enjoyable connected experiences players have come to expect from Ubisoft. You will be responsible for creating, debugging, maintaining and optimizing the game’s network and online services. You will work closely together with Game Designers and Gameplay Programmers from different worldwide sites in order to prepare the game for launch and then support it once it’s live.
- Develop fast, reliable and most importantly, fun online features in collaboration with gameplay and design teams
- Understand existing functions, suggest and develop improvements with the goal of bringing the best online experience to our players
- Write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Monitor services and work to improve the quality of the online experience throughout the life of the game
- Work together with other international Ubisoft studios
- Passion for game development
- 1+ years of experience in client-server programming, ideally in the video game industry, or any other relevant experience
- Good knowledge of C++ and some experience Python
- Experience in the development of REST APIs
- Experience with Revision Control systems like Perforce or Git
- Experience working with networking protocols (UDP / TCP / Custom protocols), client-server architecture, web server technology and protocols, web services; peer-to-peer architecture is a plus
- Experience with working with a large codebase and in a large team
- Ability and drive to improve all aspects of a game
- Database programming knowledge in MySQL; Redis and MongoDB are a plus
- Being knowledgeable about the technologies and tools used in the video game production pipeline and TRC/TCR restrictions is highly appreciated
- Strong English skills
- Opportunity to work and learn from the most technically gifted people in the gaming industry using latest technology and solutions
- Modern and cozy offices in downtown Belgrade
- Possibility to travel abroad
- Great referral fees
- Private health insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Numerous fun activities you can participate in as well as a very casual and friendly working environment
- Game room and your own Uplay account
We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
Join us and become a key part of the gaming world!