We're looking for a junior software developer to join us in developing our own software products.
CAKE.com is a unicorn, product-based software company, with offices in California and Europe.
We are focused on creating products that are used by millions around the world. Some of our products include Clockify (time tracking app), Pumble (team chat app), and Plaky (project management app).
Clockify is the world's #1 time tracker, used by millions of people, from individuals to big companies like Hewlett-Packard Enterprise, American Express, Amazon, etc.
- Implement internal tooling and integrations based on team requirements and specification
- Write web and command-line applications, and maintain their CI/CD processes
- Maintain high-level project quality via code reviews, discussions, and automated testing
- Communicate your progress with the team, and participate in internal processes and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- GPA above 9.5
- Academic-level experience with Java, web development, databases, HTML/CSS, and HTTP/REST
- Ability to work in CET timezone (9:00-17:00 UTC+1)
Nice to haves
- Practical experience with Java, Gradle, Spring, REST APIs, agile methodologies
- Basic proficiency with writing markup (HTML & CSS)
- Experience with command-line usage
- Working knowledge of networking, system operation tools, and databases
- What you'll learn
- How to develop software in a professional environment
- How to develop and deploy production-quality web applications and integrations
- How commercial software implements integration APIs
What we provide
- Working in a product-based company with talented experts in the domain
- Remote-first company (full remote, hybrid model, or onsite)
- Flexible working hours
- Work-life balance (because your family and spare time matter)
- A supportive, healthy, and transparent work culture that encourages innovation and growth
- Private health insurance
- Private dental insurance
- In-house learning program (social/soft skills workshops, leadership training, tech lectures, knowledge sharing, and tech clubs)
- Team-building activities, many small gatherings, and parties
- Fresh fruits, soft drinks
- Breakfast in office
- Home office equipment: laptop, multiple screens, desk, chair, and office supplies
CAKE.com (at the time known as COING) was founded in 2009 with the goal of helping other startups develop their products.
It takes many products to help people around the globe grow and prosper. We’ve created three that cover a wide range of features:
Clockify — The #1 free time tracker for teams that helps millions of people regain control of their time and increase their productivity levels.
Pumble — A free team chat app that helps teams cut down on emails and speed up their collaboration and communication.
Plaky — A free project management software that lets teams of all sizes collaborate, organize projects, and manage their tasks.
At CAKE.com, bringing exceptional ideas to life starts from our equally shared passion for growth. These ideas would be nothing but wishful thinking if it wasn’t for our principles that bring us all united:
· Innovation - Every single person is innovative, in one way or another. We are always encouraging everyone to find their innovative streak.
· Proactivity - We believe that if you believe in something, you should go and share it with the world. We will help you do that.
· Trust - We always assume that everyone has good intentions, in the company's best interests. We do not micromanage people.
· Diversity - We value diversity and freedom of expression in work and private life. We publicly support LGBTQ+ rights, as well as the rights of ethnic and racial minorities. We believe in women leaders. We believe in empowering others.
· Love - We believe in love, compassion, kindness, patience, solidarity, and making this world a better place.
· Optimism - We value a positive general attitude and optimism. We value smiles and aim to radiate happiness.
Our mission is to help people be more creative, innovative, efficient, effective, and productive, by supporting them in their everyday lives.
Balans karijere i privatnog života
Iskustvo o radu
CAKE.com razvija sopstvene proizvode, sto znaci da se svo znanje cuva u kompaniji. To se oseti i kroz posao, postoje ljudi koji su tu od samog pocetka i uvek su spremni da pruze jasno objasnjenje na postavljena pitanja, ali i da saslusaju sugestije. Promovise i primenjuje vrednosti koje doprinose odrzavanju pozitivne radne atmosfere a tako i rastu same kompanije: znanje, poslovnu kulturu, vaznost pojedinca i njegovog razvoja, kao i timski duh u zaista pravom smislu te reci.
Nemam zamerki. Dolazim iz potpuno druge sfere poslovanja i nacin na koji se radi u ovoj kompaniji je prevazisao sva moja ocekivanja.
Hrana i piće
Edukacija, profesionalni razvoj
Dobrovoljno zdravstveno osiguranje
Fleksibilno radno vreme
Obezbeđena oprema za rad
Rad na daljinu
Preporuke se učitavaju...