Established in 2011, Birdseye has pioneered the Remote Facility Supervision industry with a mission to make the world a safe place. Facilities across North America are signing long-term contracts to have their facilities supervised and/or secured by Birdseye’s dedicated team of more than 350 professionals.
Birdseye’s well-integrated technology solution eliminates the need for costly on-site security guards or general administrative staff. Our strong belief is that any work function that can be digitized, can, and eventually will be operated remotely. Birdseye, an essential service, is proudly serving other essential services making it recession proof and stable during all economic cycles.
Birdseye is headquartered in Toronto with offices in the USA and Serbia. To learn more about our culture, kindly visit our website www.bvpserbia.com as well as our LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook pages.
About the Opportunity:
If you are looking for a permanent long-term placement where you will have an opportunity to always see what the world will look like 10-years ahead, join our team today. As one of Canada's fastest growing security solutions companies, you will be part of an energetic and ambitious team that takes pride in working together in a harmonious atmosphere. We are looking for positive individuals that can thrive in a fast paced environment. Our fast growing customer base from a variety of industries will provide you with a diverse set of experiences.
The Junior Software Developer is responsible for collaborating with various stakeholders to gather information and requirements in order to build world-class software solutions. Being a part of an international team of 10, spread out across Europe and North America, you will be given the opportunity to develop your communication and technical skills that include, but are not limited to, various coding languages and latest Artificial Intelligence tools.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Development and implementation of software programs, custom-designed for company needs
- Regular maintenance and improvement of existing software programs and platforms
- Ensuring functionality and optimization of software programs via regular testing and feedback
- Researching new technology and tools across different departments
- Keeping software and company tools up to date with the latest features available
- Innovation of new solutions that meet the custom needs of the company and its customers
- Communicating in a clear and structured way with colleagues and managers to ensure optimal collaboration and teamwork
- Following the agreed team or project processes and procedures, including reporting to superiors on status of project/release/task efforts and key issues
- Essential level in programming / algorithmic solving skills
- Understanding of frameworks and libraries such as Angular, React Web-Native, VueJS, Redux (Sagas/Thunk), etc...
- English speaking and writing proficiency
Will be a plus:
- Experience working with GraphQL (Nest.js, Apollo Server/Client)
- Experience working with Electronjs
- A keen sense of what makes a good user experience
Employee Compensation Package & Perks:
- Opportunity to learn from a team of leading industry experts
- Competitive salary based on knowledge, not only years of experience
- Stock appreciation rights
- Opportunity to be part of a team of ambitious, talented people with diverse backgrounds and styles
- Opportunity to develop your skills by working with the latest technologies
- Company organized events (football, carting, parties, company hangouts, etc.)
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Dynamic and modern office space including a spacious lounge where employees can relax and enjoy
- Video games, pool, darts and foosball