Kriptomat, the most user-friendly government-regulated European cryptocurrency exchange is looking for a new colleague to join us in the role of: Linux Administrator
Would you like to become a part of an innovative, bold and growing team? Are you passionate about cryptocurrency and blockchain industries? Have you got experience in 24/7 production system operation?
Are you committed, responsible and have a high level of initiative and integrity?
Then, please read on!
Who are we?
Kriptomat is a fintech company headquartered in Tallinn, Estonia. Ever since we got founded in February 2018, we have been growing and providing an unparalleled service to our clients. We are working tirelessly to ensure everyday people can purchase, store, send, and receive cryptocurrencies effortlessly. This movement has just begun, and we look forward to providing our crypto community with outstanding solutions for many years to come.
What is this role about?
The main objective of this role is operating, developing and maintaining server and network infrastructure at Kriptomat. Additionally, a colleague hired in this role will closely work with the development team supporting it during development, and with other colleagues to help design secure and scalable system architecture.
In this role you will be:
- Building, maintaining, and operating Kriptomat’s IT infrastructure
- Building and setting up modern development tools and infrastructure
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Establish and maintain system monitoring platform
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
We are looking for someone who:
- Is enthusiastic about system operation and modern IT infrastructure and development concepts
- Has 3+ years experience with Linux/Unix system administration
- Has experience with open-source databases, such as Postgresql, Mysql, Redis, MongoDB
- Has some experience and/or willingness to learn to manage production deployments in Docker and Kubernetes production environments
- Has basic knowledge of programming languages (php, ruby, bash, python,...)
- Is familiar with ISO27001 security requirements
- Has experience with Public Cloud deployments
- Has knowledge in virtualization and networking fundamentals
- Has a very good understanding of network security, host security
- Has creative problem-solving, proficient debugging, and profiling skills
While this is the experience/qualifications we would love our Linux Administrator to have, we are also open to consider applications of those who do not fully meet the listed criteria. If this role interests and excites you, but you don't have all the experience/qualifications listed above - please apply and tell us about that in your cover letter.
What do we offer?
- Work with a highly collaborative, innovative, diverse, and bold team, passionate about crypto and committed to continuous learning and personal/professional development
- Enjoy remote work with all the necessary equipment for maximum comfort and performance
- Access anything you need for your continuous professional development – from training courses and reference books to a personally organized growth plan;
- Be an owner of your flexible working hours and results
- Have fun at team building activities and workshops