About the project
For some time now, we have partnered up with the world’s largest POS terminal vendors, an experienced provider of payment and commerce solutions. Our client is currently in the process or growth and refreshing to next-gen technology. As the company is expanding its existing Server Operations team, they are looking for a Linux Engineer to help drive great standards via automated techniques.
As a Linux Engineer part of a multi-disciplined Server team, you will implement, maintain, administer and troubleshoot Redhat Linux systems across a large datacenter footprint.
Redhat Satellite, Redhat IDM, Puppet and Ansible are used to manage the environments in an automated and centralized fashion. In addition, you will participate in engineering process improvements, incident response, and capacity resource estimates to the Solution Delivery, providing technical status for the deliverables assigned and tracking them to closure.
The candidate personifying this role will be expected to work in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional work environment and must possess excellent inter-personal, written, and verbal communication skills. A sense of urgency, self-motivation, accountability and commitment are some of the desired attributes.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience;
- Enterprise-level experience in Linux administration;
- 10+ years of hands-on systems implementation and administration;
- ITIL Foundation certification;
- Experience in automation using Ansible, Puppet and Foreman;
- Advanced Bash scripting skills;
- Working knowledge of Networking components, Load balancers, firewalls, routers, switches;
- Working knowledge of monitoring solutions, such as Zabbix, ELK, App Dynamics;
- Experience managing Docker and Kubernetes environments;
- Ability and eagerness to work in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player attitude;
- Possessing a sense of urgency and ability to self-motivate;
- Accountable and committed to the tasks at hand;
- Very good communication and English language skills.
- Complete BAU tasks, escalating where exceptions occur;
- Respond to and escalate service incidents, ensuring all incidents are resolved within SLA;
- Develop and implement new BAU tasks and manage change within BAU task procedures;
- Complete acceptance testing of new releases and patches, providing technical feedback to development team;
- Manage the deployment of system changes and maintenance tasks during specified maintenance windows;
- Prepare technical documentation and SLA reporting;
- Perform as part of a team providing 24/7, all year round support by responding to escalations, alerts, incidence and problems that affect the environment and payment systems in the team’s responsibility;
- Manage Process compliance;
- Perform as part of a project delivery team if/when assigned;
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in support of the environment and applications assigned;
- Provide hands-on support on Red Hat Linux and Oracle VM operating systems;
- Manage and maintain Red Hat Satellite;
- Knowledge of CIS Benchmark standards for hardening Linux operating systems;
- Manage Puppet infrastructure and deployments;
- Manage the Oracle VM capacity and provide monthly usage, while also highlighting any issues to line manager;
- Provide regular status updates, issues, concerns to management;
- Review documentation and change control for technical accuracy;
- Participate in product evaluation initiatives including feature analysis and system trade-offs;
- Provide support and input for PCI audits and security compliance;
- Recommend potential improvements in infrastructure, automation, processes or services and is prepared to manage change;
- Take an active role in resolving incidents or problems;
- Monitor and follow up outstanding issues.
- Experience with Squid Web Proxy, NGINX and SMTP Relays;
- Experience in the payment industry is preferred;
- Working experience with change management ticketing systems and process, i.e. ServiceNow;
- Knowledge of PCI requirements 3.x;
- RedHat certifications.
- English and French language classes;
- Competitive salary and bonuses;
- Free pass to learning platforms;
- A multicultural, friendly work environment;
- Working in a company with an Agile mindset: continuous knowledge sharing and validated learning;
- The possibility to bring your own creative and innovative ideas to life;
- Great career development opportunities;
- Team buildings and company events that will enhance both your social and professional life;
- Private Health Insurance and meal tickets;
- Improvement of your hard and soft skills through workshops, knowledge sharing sessions and presentations on multiple IT-related topics.
As a leading European Software Services company operating internationally in France, Romania, Germany, Poland, Moldova, UK, Vietnam, Mexico and USA, we employ over 1,200 engineers and IT experts who work in a very dynamic, multicultural working environment.
At Pentalog, your talents & ambitions are recognized and rewarded; we offer plenty of opportunities to develop as an individual, as well as a professional, and we reward our collaborators who understand the importance of self-improvement.