Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company with a strong Open Source culture and whose products are used by big Internet and other companies all over the world? MariaDB is the fastest growing Open Source database worldwide, with more than 12 million users. We power applications at companies like Deutsche Bank, DBS Bank, Nasdaq, Red Hat, ServiceNow and Verizon, and we partner with companies like Alibaba and Facebook. The company was founded by the team that created MySQL and enjoys unprecedented technical depth for a startup.
We are a distributed global team, working from home, coworking space and some in offices depending on the location, telecommuting via the internet, and making heavy use of email, web, slack, and similar technologies. Prior experience in this form of working environment is ideal. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
The MariaDB Platform QA team is in charge of Quality Assurance of all products in our MariaDB Platform portfolio. As part of this team, you will focus on ensuring that the different pieces install and work together and that upgrades are smooth. You will work closely with customer support engineers, product quality engineers and release engineers to ensure our products are maintained, packaged, and delivered to customers at the very highest level of quality. While the testing teams for each product focus on feature testing of the individual product your focus is the user experience and ensuring that the products work together smoothly by creating more integration tests.
- Understand customer use cases and design tests around them
- Make sure that our different products work together as defined by designing and implementing integration tests that combine multiple components
- Test the cycle of the customer’s experience: installation and upgrades of our products work as they should
- Design realistic testing environments, configurations, and workloads to simulate real-world customer scenarios (replication deployments, clustered deployments, etc.)
- Develop and execute test plans, monitor and report on test execution
- Collaborate with QA and test personnel in other teams to coordinate work and share
- Experience with MariaDB/MySQL installation and administration
- Experience with Perl and MTR test cases
- Experience with testing interactive and daemonized applications on Linux/Windows/macOS
- System administration skills on Linux & Windows
- Knowledge of at least one virtualization/abstraction tool (e.g. qemu, KVM, LXC, Docker, VirtualBox, VMware)
- Familiarity with CI systems like Jenkins, BuildBot
- Passion to automate everything
- Extensive experience with scripting (bash)
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate in English, (written/spoken) with teams, users, and stakeholders
Helpful Skills (not mandatory)
- Experience with other databases
- Experience with C/C++, Python, Java programming
- Knowledge of Linux package managers such as yum, zypper, apt as well as dpkg and rpm directly
- Knowledge of test automation basics, machine provisioning (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc), virtual machines management (e.g Vagrant, Terraform or direct via cloud APIs)
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB — the startup founded by the MySQL team. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry.
You’ll be collaborating with high-calibre colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave, and a massive degree of flexibility and freedom — along with the personal responsibility these come with.
Preferably Europe or America.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV electronically. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.