The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
The global communication team’s vision is a service-based model with a data team based in Belgrade that ‘plugs in’ external tools, data sources and services that are state-of-the-art, built and maintained by experts in their fields so that the global communication team (COM) can focus on its strengths.
Market research and performance measurement data and analytics specialist is responsible for providing data acquisition and management and analytics services to meet immediate needs of the global COM team in the shorter term and contributing to the development and implementation of an audience profiling, market testing and performance analytics model in the longer term.
The Belgrade Shared Services Center is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Market Research and Performance Measurement Data and Analytics Specialist
- Manages relationships with suppliers of data acquisition and data mining tools and platforms on maintenance, updating and troubleshooting
- Uses existing, new and freely available tools to acquire external data and structure and manage in a way that makes it accessible and useable for the Belgrade data team and COM team users
- Liaises with the Digital Transformation and Data (DTD) colleagues to align with key services such as BI, data warehousing and cross departmental collaboration on projects
- Liaises with ICT colleagues on relevant technical issues including maintenance of systems such as retrieval mechanisms (APIs, RSS etc.), integration of tools and troubleshooting service issues
- Liaises with data protection colleagues / PMO on compliance with privacy and data management obligations and policies
- Liaises regularly with other relevant ICRC data colleagues in the BI team, the TRAK team (environmental scanning and information analysis), the Information Management team AIM to share best practice, find efficiencies and collaborate on data and information analysis projects and services on an ad hoc basis
- Works closely with the head of communication analytics and the project lead consultant in the development and implementation of an audience profiling, social and market research and performance analytics model and system due to be delivered in early 2021
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or data analytics
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience with 4 years’ experience in a market research or business intelligence role
- Knowledge of BI technologies (e.g. Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI)
- Knowledge of information, monitoring and market research tools and platforms (e.g. Sprinklr, Adobe, Brandwatch, Global Web Index, google analytics
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude along with proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Experience in a market research, media or communications environment an advantage
- Proficiency in English, French is an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- A work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.