Node.js Backend Developer
Due to the project requirements, we have temporarily put this position on hold. However, feel free to share your CV as we would like to keep in touch with you - very soon we might be hiring again!
What we expect
- Min. 1 year of professional development experience with Node.js.
- Experience with/knowledge of Express.js or/and Nest.js.
- Knowledge of relational and document-based databases (PostgreSQL/MySQL and MongoDB).
- Experience with/knowledge of RESTfull APIs and API communication.
- Experience with/knowledge of server administration and integrations with other systems.
- Experience with/knowledge of Database Schema creation.
- Experience with/knowledge of monolith and serverless architectures (preferred).
- Good understanding of asynchronous programming.
- Meticulous attention to detail regardless of whether it’s your own work or reviewing someone else’s work.
- Error handling skills.
- Very good written and spoken English.
What you’ll do
- Use regularly Express.js and/or Nest.js. We are using Express.js/Nest.js as the basis for Node projects, but it depends on the project - our developers play an important role in deciding which technology will be used on the projects.
- Do Joi Input validation to make sure that all the incoming data, interacting with our applications are as correct as possible.
- Write raw MySQL queries which will give us enough flexibility when it comes to storing and using data.
- Use Swagger UI - our backend projects come with full Swagger documentation of all the endpoints.
- Use Firebase to handle cloud notifications and/or user authentication and to provide real-time data for projects that require such functionality.
- Use AWS to deploy and run our backend and the database service (we mainly use S3, EC2 instances for running the Node.js app, and RDS for databases).
- Use Socket.io - it is our go-to choice when there is a need for real-time and/or two-way communication between the client and the server, outside of REST.
- Last but not least, ask important questions, speak candidly, and try to move the needle on your projects every single day. ;)
What we offer
- Competitive salary and bonus for hosting presentations, participating in meetups and blogging, successful recommendations for our open vacancies, etc.
- Constant progress and improvement with the help of the management.
- Access to a free and confidential workplace counseling service with our in-house psychologist regarding your personal and professional development.
- Paid conference attendance, online courses, workshops, and knowledge sharing.
- Flexible working hours (the workday starts between 7 am and 10 am, as per your preferences).
- Extra vacation days after the first year of employment.
- Benefits for parents: for your newborn, you get a gift and a bonus. You also get 1 additional vacation day per child. New fathers at Cinnamon get extra days off to spend more time with their newborns.
- FitPass card (Cinnamon covers 50% of the cost).
- Virtual and live after-work activities and gatherings and rooftop BBQ parties.
- Team building such as rafting, hiking, bowling, etc.
All software, zero bullshit.
Cinnamon was founded in 2014 by three college friends with a shared vision of making life better for people, companies and communities. Bringing together expertise in entrepreneurship, technology and design, our Head of Design, Mateja Bartolović, CEO Ivan Kovač and Managing Partner Mladen Šimić set about building an agency that empowers clients through digital solutions.
Today we’re an international team of 100+ innovators working with clients in over 20 different countries and across countless industries. From inspirational not-for-profits to hyper-growth FinTechs, our clients are making an impact thanks to our software solutions. And we’re proud to say we’re also giving back to the community through paid internships, guest lectures, and university partnerships.
We care about our employees and we are working very hard to ensure all of us at Cinnamon are fulfilled and enjoying our work. This is why Cinnamon was voted as one of the top 5 middle-size employers in Croatia in 2020 and 2021 based on the employees voting campaign organized by a job seeking & advertising portal MojPosao.
Beograd | Hibrid
Tvoje mišljenje nam znači!
Anonimno podeli svoje iskustvo i pomozi kandidatima koji se interesuju za ovu kompaniju.
Preporuke se učitavaju...