Arcadis Gen is continuing to hire across the world, with all interviewing and on-boarding completed remotely to ensure we maintain safe and secure operations. All new and existing Gen employees will work remotely until it is safe to return to our offices and workspaces. We are committed to flexibility and will continue to offer you, and everybody, the choices to work remotely and in ways that suit your lifestyle moving forward.
Arcadis Gen is the new SaaS business from Arcadis, SEAMS and EAMS Group; a start-up framework and culture, backed by a €3bn+ revenue, 27,000-person, 70-country, 130-year-old company. We are bold, dynamic, and disruptive and are revolutionizing the future of digital asset management.
If you are interested in matching the freedom and opportunity of start-up life, with the stability and benefits of a market leading corporation, Arcadis Gen may well be the perfect place for you.
The Quality Assurance Engineer (QA) will work within the development team for Gen’s Enterprise Decision Analytics (EDA) module suite. The QA will act as an interface between the EDA development team and the wider business, producing high level documentation about key system processes and functionality in new and legacy EDA modules, and fielding requests for further information about EDA functionality from other business domains. You will collaborate with test engineers, developers and product owners in the team to define and explain high level functionality and evaluate system quality in relation to relevant standards and best practice.
What will you do each day?
Core responsibilities include:
Documenting system artefacts: Collaborating with colleagues within the EDA development team to define and explain high level system functionality, producing lightweight documentation covering high level functionality in legacy and new EDA modules. Recording videos which demonstrate system functionality to the wider business. Collation and documentation of known defects and risks in legacy and new EDA modules.
Producing Acceptance Tests: Ownership of producing and collating high level acceptance tests covering the application flow for known configurations of new and legacy EDA modules. The QA will be responsible for communicating these tests to the Solutions domain for use in UAT and training when the systems are implemented.
Manual validation testing: Manual validation of system compliance with relevant industry and customer standards and quality best practice. Acting as a quality champion when assessing the high level application flow and look and feel of EDA modules.
Interface between EDA development team and the wider business: Collaborating with colleagues within the development team to acquire a comprehensive knowledge of EDA modules. Taking ownership of third line support requests from the Customer Experience(CX) domain. Fielding queries relating to EDA functionality from Solutions, CX, and other domains within the business.
Who are we targeting?
The Ideal candidate will have a keen interest in software quality and familiarity with manual software testing, quality management, business processes, software support and product documentation. A proven track record of assessing quality and explaining functionality in new and legacy software modules to a range of stakeholders, and enthusiasm for communicating this information to the wider business.
You should apply for this role if:
- You are passionate about software quality and comfortable communicating information about system functionality to a range of stakeholders.
- You value diversity, hold an entrepreneurial spirit and test the limits of your potential
- You attempt the extraordinary, and are motivated to achieve and be better
- You are Bold, Agile and Focussed
- You are an optimist and believe in always finding a way
- You want to play a role on the global stage and influence the future of our industry
In return, we can offer you:
- Flexible working hours and an emphasis on smart working
- Currently entirely remote, but lovely offices when we can go back!
- Laptop and all necessary working equipment
- Culture of continuous learning and development
- Passionate and friendly teams
- Private healthcare and Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 27) + bank holidays
- Life Assurance – 3x annual salary
- CycleScheme, Wine Club, Dental Cover, and other benefits in our Flexible Portal
- A fantastic place to learn, develop, achieve, and have fun!
Equal Opportunity Statement
The community of the future is a place for everyone, and Arcadis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment is based on merit and business need.