Quality Assurance Engineer
As a QA Engineer at Vacuumlabs, you will be working alongside 400+ talented individuals on projects that make an impact! You will be helping to ensure the quality of our work and help develop processes that will improve workflow. This can be a junior to mid position, as we have a number of ways to utilize your skills. You are encouraged to apply even if you aren’t experienced with our tech stacks – we value the process and a willingness to learn.
Who you are
- Fast learner.
- You get oriented to new concepts quickly.
- You can build a case of necessary resources, presenting your arguments to leadership and relevant departments. You’re confident in your presentation and pick your battles well.
- You’re very hands-on in your approach and can make suggestions for process improvements.
- You can express complex ideas and results in a clear and concise manner. You stay in touch with your colleagues and keep the team updated.
- Critical Thinker.
- You reason through problems carefully and have well thought out arguments for your plans.
What you’ll do
- Set up processes to integrate automated testing in the development pipeline.
- Help set up a testing process / testing strategy
- Design, write, and manage automated tests.
- Look for improvements and redesign / rewrite tests for our clients.
- Create and manage reports and documentation.
- Support engineering team with overall quality of the work.
- Be a product super user - understand what the product is set to do.
- Help with manual testing of the product, if needed.
What you need to succeed
- At least 1 year of experience in automation testing or writing tests (unit, integration)
- Solid understanding of the development process and CI/CD.
- Experience with JS-based framework (we mostly use Cypress as a preferred tool).
- Experience with BDD (using Specflow/Gherkin) is an advantage, but not required.
- Good communication skills that are maintained in critical situations.
- Organization skills for planning, executing, and reporting.
- Outside of the box thinking (You are the kind of person that orders -1.5 beers to see what happens).
- Advanced English, spoken and written.
What you get in return
- 1800 – 3700 EUR / month
- Our community enables you to expand your knowledge and follow your personal projects to their fullest potential.
- In return for the responsibility you take on, we give you the freedom to get your work done the way that suits you.
- We want your work to have a positive impact and feel meaningful.
- Whenever possible, we will share the company’s decisions, triumphs, mistakes, lessons learned, and future plans.
Benefits and Perks
- Work from Home and flexible hours
- If you need to pick up your kids from school or head to a doctor’s appointment that’s fine with us – we let you structure your hours around your needs. Work from home is an option if you feel it suits your workflow.
- Performance and compensation evaluations
- We offer quarterly compensation evaluations and provide feedback for your performance.
- Family Friendly
- We’re happy to offer paid parental leave, 2 weeks off for partners with newborns, and shortened hours for new parents who wish to return to work.
- We also host family friendly events and more.
- Unlimited sick days
- You know best how much rest you need and we trust you to use your unlimited sick days with integrity.
- Vacations days
- Paid days for professional growth
- We want to show our commitment to constant learning. You can arrange time for continued education, training, and tech conferences.
- LGBT+ Friendly
- From building products like the digital bank Daylight to address underbanking in the LGBT+ community to hosting our very own pride events – we stay true to our values by taking action.
- Community and team-building activities
- Our events and parties help you enrich your social life and build team spirit and camaraderie with your Vacuumlabs colleagues.
- Concierge services
- If you get busy and the little tasks start to add up, you can ask our concierge to recommend and schedule professionals, send or receive parcels, and even have your groceries delivered to the office.
- Daily lunch
- Depending on the office location, we provide catering or outside meals.
- We provide on-site mental health professionals for both crisis intervention and long term therapy. You can also purchase a MultiSport card (currently unavailable in HU).
Upoznaj kompaniju Vacuumlabs s.r.o.
Vacuumlabs provides design, product development, engineering, and data science services for the fintech industry.
We support clients from 8 locations in Europe, North America, and Asia. The history of our successful collaborations includes companies at all stages of development – leading corporations, scaleups, and startups.
Focusing on banking and cryptocurrency, we explore topics in cloud banking, community banking, and blockchain technology. We're proud of our track record of working with clients such as Standard Chartered, Twisto, Erste Group IT, Kiwi, Railsbank, Doconomy, Emurgo Innovatrics, and others.
We're hiring - let's get to know each other!