As the Release Engineer, you will be responsible for building our software and coordinating releases to our servers for all product lines. A qualified candidate will work with the development, quality assurance, and system administration teams to ensure reliable release procedures throughout the Software Development Lifecycle.
Experience with building software is essential.
- This position is a full time, Mon-Fri.
- Preferred working hours 10 AM-6 PM or 11 AM to 7 PM.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Build software components from Java, C++, C#, and Perl source code.
- Direct the deployment of software components to our production servers.
- Maintain source code repositories and promote best practices.
- Report metrics and provide work estimates.
- Develop and maintain automated software build processes for Java leading to deployment ready systems.
- Works with development teams to improve standards for software configuration.
- Participate in business and architectural meetings for future projects.
- Document process and procedures related to the deployment of software.
- Mentor less experienced employees with a focus on education and best practices.
- Participate in milestone planning and scheduling.
- Provide leadership in the absence of management.
- May participate in the interview process for prospective department employees.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD process
- Hands-on experience in automating builds/releases with Jenkins for .Net & Java codebases.
- Strong exp. with Jenkins: Setting up and configuring build/deployment pipelines is a MUST HAVE Skill.
- Hands-on Experience with Git.
- Experience with any scripting languages is preferred
- Good experience with Linux and Windows infrastructure setup
- Any experience with chef or puppet would be a big plus (Optional)
- Knowledge of the Java language and system architecture concepts.
- Proficiency in the use of source control management systems and defect tracking systems.
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of Apache Tomcat and MySql.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Familiarity with build tools such as maven, make ant, rake, or ivy.
- Ability to work with Linux at a bash command line safely and effectively.
- Proficiency in deploying software to production environments with minimal risk and downtime.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be self-motivated and exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
- 4+ years’ experience working in a software development role or 2+ years’ experience in a release engineering role.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly innovative and creative team, in a great working environment using the latest technologies, methodologies and frameworks. A competitive salary and benefits package are on offer to the right candidate.